3cx WebClient

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NewbieBryan, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewbieBryan

Sep 27, 2017
    I just wanted to ask a general question.
    what is the point of having a 3cx web-client, if it isn't a standalone client?
    I see that you need atleast a supported IP Phone or 3cx softphone for windows for the web-based client to work.

If you have a softphone, what is the need for a Web-based client??
    I understand the advantage had it been a stand-alone client, but I cant seem to understand the advantage when it isnt a standalone client.

Or is there something that I'm missing here. If there is, please let me know.

Thank you.
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

May 10, 2016

Please note that the webclient supports the new uaCSTA protocol to control phones which can work in CTI when phones are local and remote where the client CTI mode only works when local and behind an SBC if setup correctly.
    With the web client there is also no need installing a separate software and you can run it from any operating system. There are also little things line contacts photos and the integrated switchboard.
    Obviously if your phones are local and you are running the windows client you may not find it compelling to switch to the Web client right now but the web client will be able to be used as a stand alone client in the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.