Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved 3CX Webmeeting Not Connecting To Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Micahel, Aug 7, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micahel

To anyone that can help me,

One of my customers uses 3CX webmeeting quite often and it works fine excepting for one of the off site computers. When ever he attempts to access the webmeeting he gets a message saying "Connection to server failed".

Through my troubleshooting, I think it is the router blocking it somehow.
    His PC doesn't have a wireless connection so i got him to connect his phone to his laptop and try connecting to the webmeeting, which worked successfully.
    What ports should i open on the router to be able to get his PC to connect to the webmeeting.

Also on a side note, are 32 bit computers able to connect to webmeeting or only 64 bit computers?

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards
    Michael

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

due to the good tests you already made we can exclude issues on the extension level which are synced into the webmeeting portal of the customer.

important is that the PC can connect on std. 443 an https connection. If you use chrome you might press F12 and reopen a webmeeting session and check for any error in the "networking" tab of the debugger...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Micahel

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your reply.
    I have passed this onto the customer to perform. He is not in the office today so we are unable to see what errors are occurring.
    He will be back in tomorrow so i can get the results then.

The router they are using on site is a Cyberoam CRE15I os version 10. I have spoken to the router maintainer and he has said there isn't anything on the firewall that he can see that would be blocking the packets but he isn't sure if there is something else in the router blocking the packets.
    Is there any specific ports that we should try to open to see if that would help?

In regards to my other question, the customer using a 32 bit machine doesn't matter as we have connected to a webmeeting using another 32 bit machine.

Once I receive the results from the test you have requested tomorrow i will post them here.

Kind Regards
    Michael

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The issue of "Connection to server failed" occurs when the user's PBX cannot be reached by our portal on port 443/5001 (Depends on what you have configured).
    You will need to open the above port, make sure that the 3 x 3CX WebMeeting servers in your 3CX PBX Blacklist are set to "Allowed" and also make sure your PBX certificate is not self signed. Fixing these 3 dependencies will make this error go away.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Micahel

Hello Leonidas,

I don't think you have understood my issue correctly.
    The Webmeeting works as our customer is using it just fine except for one of their remote sites, and through troubleshooting we have determined that it is something to do with the remote sites network.

This customer has 4 sites all on the one PBX, 3 of the sites they have their own internet and router and the 4th site is leasing an office which also uses the owners internet and router. (This is the only site that we do not have control over the network)

I also forgot to mention that the customer is using V14 Cloud Hosted PBX (We are in the process of upgrading all our customers to V15)

I believe that the router is somehow blocking something that stops the connection to the server, which is why i was asking what ports should i request to have open to see if that would help.

As for you request Stephan, The customer is in the office today so i will get the list of errors soon and i will post them here.

Kind Regards
    Michael

6. Micahel

Hello Stephan,

I have just been in contact with the customer to get the list of errors occurring excepting now he can connect to the Webmeeting without any issue.
    I have contacted the router maintainer and he has informed me he has updated to the latest firmware of their router yesterday which is the only change that has been made.
    As the customer was not on site yesterday we have tested this morning and it has stated working correctly.
    So given that the firmware update was the only change between Monday and now i think it is safe to assume that the firmware of the router was causing that issue.

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards
    Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.