Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX WebMeeting Server Specs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by san_narula, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. san_narula

I am trialling 3CX Phone System and have found that they have also released the webmeeting. There is very little information about it on their website so I would like to know if anyone is using it and if it works well. If I buy it separately, does it have to be installed on a separate server or can it be on the same server as 3CX phone system. I think they include 10 participant license if you buy the phone system, in this case what should be the specs of the server.
    I will appreciate if someone can answer these questions.

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Please note that there are two editions of WebMeeting, one is hosted on our cloud and included in the Phone System, while the other is On Premise and is hosted on a server of your own, which is separate from the 3cx phone system server.
    There are separate licenses for each edition which can be found here : https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/
    You can compare both with https://www.3cx.com/pbx/hosted-vs-on-premise/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. san_narula

HI pj3cx

Thanks for your response.
    Is it possible to have a trial license for the included version as I am currently evaluating 3cx phone system. Can you please confirm that you give away 10x participant license with the paid version of the phone system. I am not getting any response from your sales person from whom I received the initial welcome emails, was expecting better pre-sales support.

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Kindly contact your regional sales representative from contacts found on http://www.3cx.com/company/contact/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. roadwings

I agree with San_narula about everything said, except that we just purchased a 12.5 pro license less than 30 days ago, and are not evaluating. This was one feature that we really liked while we were evaluating, and we did not find any asterisk or fine print about this at the time of purchase.

I have contacted the sales person who sent me the information via welcome emails and have not heard back. I just dialed the number from the link on pj3cx's previous post and got a call center with an operator that could only take a message. Does our purchase of 12.5 Pro come with a license for 10 participants via an on premise install? I think that it should, as it would cost 3CX less, because users would not be using your bandwidth, among other things.

A few weeks ago I went as far as installing the webmeeting software. I got to the activation part and could not move further. It appears that the 12.5 admin console is not even setup to work with the on premise version, or at least set it up via the web console, because I saw nowhere to tell 3CX that web meeting was hosted locally when trying to complete the setup via 3CX web console. Maybe this is a new feature and it will work flawlessly with an update that is coming out tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.