• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Webmeeting V14 Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Rasmus

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hello,

Firstly i just want to state that i am in the process of upgrading all of our customers to V15.

Our customers that are still in the queue to be upgraded to V15 are experiencing some issues with their audio and video quality on the webmeeting.
I have opened up the webmeeting tab in the phone system and noticed that all the information in there is blank.
All the extensions have been unchecked and the Region, Server, URL, Email and Password fields are all blank and i can not fill them in.
I have checked other customers tenancy's as well and exactly the same thing.

Has webmeeting for V14 been shutdown??

Any help on this matter will be much appriciated

Kind Regards
Michael

Hello,

Please do kindly note that the webmeeting service for V14 has been terminated. I would have advice you to move to the latest version but as i see you are in the process of doing it so this will solve your problem.

Thank you

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.

Is there any chance we can install 3cx webmeeting on our own servers to use it while we are still in the process of migrating our customers?

Also, with the customer we have migrated to V15 i can see that in the IP blacklist there are 3 IP address already in there for webmeeting.
Can you please confirm if those IP addresses are in Australia or not? (during the installation process i selected Australia as the country)
An issue we had with webmeeting on V14 is the server was in Aisa so there was be a bit of latency.

Kind Regards
Michael

Please do kindly note that the webmeeting service for V14 has been terminated. I would have advice you to move to the latest version but as i see you are in the process of doing it so this will solve your problem.

Oh wow.. was there going to be any notification about this?

I understand V14 was going to be non-supported after August 2017.. but there was no mention of other services being stopped.

Oh wow.. was there going to be any notification about this?

I understand V14 was going to be non-supported after August 2017.. but there was no mention of other services being stopped.

I am in the same boat with you. We were not notified at all.
We know that push will stop working at the end of the year but we were not informed that the Webmeeting servers would be shut down.

Likewise - clients are calling in complaining now looking for other solutions. We haven't received any such memo of Webmeeting being discontinued for v14.

I don't intend to sound rude but that is a nice reply from 3CX as to why we were not notified about the V14 webmeeting being shutdown....

Reactions: sip.bg
An email was sent to all partners regarding the end of support for V14 and that the webmeeting servers would switched off. Not sure of the exact date but it must have been early June.

Can you please confirm if those IP addresses are in Australia or not? (during the installation process i selected Australia as the country)
An issue we had with webmeeting on V14 is the server was in Aisa so there was be a bit of latency.

In V15.5 you can now navigate to settings / Conferencing and select the server closest to you.

An email was sent to all partners regarding the end of support for V14 and that the webmeeting servers would switched off. Not sure of the exact date but it must have been early June.

And for the rest of your customers that don't rely on one of your partners, they are just left high and dry until something they depend on just stops working, ya thanks! 3cx couldn't be bothered to put a notice or blog out to let people know what was coming? You guys just screwed me into rushing an upgrade or finding another provider.

3cx, how can we change the email address of an extension when that is blocked because a webmeeting account exists, but we cannot access the webmeeting accounts?

Hello @cfive

What is the version of your PBX?

Thanks

It's v14

Probably you can delete extension and create it again.

Probably you can delete extension and create it again.
Good thought, I'll give that a try. But still, it's annoying.

Good thought, I'll give that a try. But still, it's annoying.
It's version 14, SP3.

Unfortunately, delete is not possible either, due to a webmeeting account on the extension. This is crazy. 3CX, please, how do we get rid of this block?

It's version 14, SP3.

Unfortunately, delete is not possible either, due to a webmeeting account on the extension. This is crazy. 3CX, please, how do we get rid of this block?

Well, unfortunately the alternative is to upgrade to v.15.5.
Other methods like editing backup file and restoring the PBX (keeping v.14) are not recommended as they can result into non-working configuration.

Last edited:
No, I think I'll recommend they switch to another product. It's not acceptable to have an "available" update render an existing installation inoperative.

Reactions: MMDTerry
Hello @cfive,

Your case needs further assistance in order to help you, so opening a ticket will be the best way to proceed. Do you have the ability to open a ticket or do you have a partner in order to open a ticket on behalf of you?

Thank you

I can open a ticket, thanks.

Hi, that would be great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinalsa
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.