3CX WebRTC Testing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by greg@summitrad, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greg@summitrad

We tried out the WebRTC today for the first time. We were thinking of purchasing a 25 user license; however, we are underwhelmed by the quality. We didn't even get to a video conference. We were simply trying simple screen sharing and application sharing. It was terrible. You could not even read the text. We were on the same LAN, even the same switch. No errors on our network, 1 gigabit links, and 700+ megabit plus transfer rates between the two endpoints when we did speed testing.

I was wondering if other people have experienced a similar issue, or if it is just us. Some of the PC's were were using are running very high resolution monitors (2560 x something) on large format monitors. The hosting session was 1920 x 1080 and the text was not readable. We were hoping this would be a replacement for GoTo meeting. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Greg

2. cjtrevor

From memory there is a bandwidth setting on the screen, that by default is very low, if you select the max (1Mb I think) then the quality of the screen sharing was a lot higher we found.

3. greg@summitrad

We moved to the client piece, and it was fine. In the client we can adjust the bandwidth, frames per second, etc. In the WebRTC client, there were no options. So we setup our first meeting incorrectly (Clientless WebRTC). When we setup meetings using the Client, it was great. Easily as good as GoToMeeting and others. We are going to do a little more testing, but I think we will pull the trigger based on the Client Meeting portion.

Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.