Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3Cx welcome email not sending

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brycejlowe, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brycejlowe

I have created several extensions in my 3CX phone system that are unable to receive the welcome email. Most of the users are able to get the message but some are not. Here is the exception from the C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs\3cxSystemService.log:

2017/05/04 18:00:21.737|3052|0014|Info|Sending welcome email to extension 216
    2017/05/04 18:00:21.746|3052|0014|Excpt|System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Count cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: count
    at System.String.Remove(Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
    at _3cxSystemService.ExtSheduller.WelcomeEmailSender.RemoveMarkedBlock(String content, String startMarker, String endMarker)
    at _3cxSystemService.ExtSheduller.WelcomeEmailSender.SendWelcome(Extension ext)
    at _3cxSystemService.ExtSheduller.WelcomeEmailSender.SendingProc()

I have logged a support ticket with 3CX but figured I would ask here to see if anyone had seen the issue.

2. 12494

12494 Member

Offhand I would say if some work and others don't - I would be looking at what is different about the email addresses of those that don't work ..... or perhaps they are really working but emails or going to a Junk mail folder?

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brycejlowe

The email addresses are fine. I have double checked them. I also checked my email server, there is no record of the message.

Please see the the exception from the 3cxSystemService.log, it is throwing an exception when I generate the welcome email.

4. 12494

12494 Member

I'm not sure what all that log is telling me?
    > 2017/05/04 18:00:21.746|3052|0014|Excpt|System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Count cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: count
    I see what my log looks like for the good welcome emails. Changing my email address to a bad address still doesn't give errors in this log.
    You'll probably hear back from support tomorrow. I'd be interested to hear what it turns out to be.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.