• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx win client on terminalserver audio redirection via rdp + vpn

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
Has anyone experience with this topic?
I tried today. Works somehow, but the audio qualtiy is not acceptable - dropouts, creeking sounds.
Of course this is most likely not a 3cx problem, because when not using the terminalservices connection but a direct connection on the client, Audio is much better (but not good).
Main site has a 100Mbit fiber connection. Client uses a 25mbit cable. So, bandwidth is not the problem.

Has anyone a tip what settings on the terminalserver or rdp client could be changed to give a usable experience?

Good luck... never had great audio session in TS in general. We have 3cx client installed - but only for CTI control of the deskphone.
There are some TS client settings if I recall - on the client side program.

ok. I tried a few variations regarding the server and client quality settings, but it was never good to use it in real life.

But what is working fine:
On the terminalserver I use the webclient, which then uses the windows client installed on the local computer - vpn is enforced for telephony only for terminalserver access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.