• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx Windowa Installer packege**VBscript error on machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesleyGroen

Reaction score
hey i want to download the beta virsion of 3cx v10 beta but i get a error it see they have a problem whit Windowa Installer packege it missing a script to run to conpleet the instal pleaze help me i don't what to do :cry:

Attachments

• naamloos.JPG
    naamloos.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 3,387
Re: 3cx Windowa Installer packege

What is the os?
Do you have full updates installed?

Is this the first screen you see? After which screen does it come up?

Contact me [email protected] and we will discuss

Any news on this?

it is important that the machine that you install V10 on must have full updates. otherwise you may receive errors like this.

This error is caused by many things - Either VB is not correctly registered on the system, or some other application you installed on this machine modified something. Solution: as a first step uninstall 3CX, give the machine full updates and restart it as many times as necessary. After this install 3CX.

IMP - 3CX Must be installed on a machine which has already been given full updates. Do not leave 3CX there, and then perform updates. this is not recommended.

I also have this error on clean Windows XP SP3 PRO without updates.
Not every sysadmin installing all updates for various reasons, so you have to check this issue.

P.S. After installing updates getting the same error... Very strange.

That very strange... bsolutely unable to install on Windows XP SP3. This screen appears at very end of installation.

Product: 3CX PhoneSystem -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action InstallPostgresService script error -2147010895, : Line 15, Column 5,

Finally solved. I installed .NET 3.5 SP1 (in addition to .NET 4), and only after this I was able to install 3CX.

What is the version of windows installer that you have on the machine?

Download the latest and try again
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=5a58b56f-60b6-4412-95b9-54d056d6f9f4&displaylang=en

Before can you check what version of Windows installer you have on your machine is? I need to know the reason why it is failing on your computer.

1. I had clean Windows XP Sp3 PRO installation with .NET 4 0 - no success
2. Then I updated Windows from the Internet with all updates - no sucess
3. Then I downloaded and installed latest Windows Installer for Windows XP (v.3.1)- no sucess
4. Then I installed .NET 3.5 SP1 - it works!

Comments inline

1. I had clean Windows XP Sp3 PRO installation with .NET 4 0 - no success

It should have had net framework 3.5 too. this comes with one of the service packs. What was the error in this case? Without updates this is an invalid test.

2. Then I updated Windows from the Internet with all updates - no sucess

First install OS, then you update and keep on updating and then you should install the frameworks in order. How can framework 4 work properly when it was released end 2010 and you are installing on a OS that is nearly 10 years old?
These must be made and installed in the order that Microsoft launched them.

3. Then I downloaded and installed latest Windows Installer for Windows XP (v.3.1)- no sucess
The latest windows installer for XP is not 3.1. I sent you the link. It is available here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=5a58b56f-60b6-4412-95b9-54d056d6f9f4&displaylang=en
And it tells you
WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe3.2MB - this is the latest. 4.5
From our end we will make a check in the installer to not allow users to install on computers that do not have the latest windows installer package installed.

4. Then I installed .NET 3.5 SP1 - it works!

So you can see where the original problem lied. Missing or improper updates to the machine. Now install Framework 4.
If you install the OS in order example - Install OS, Give full updates 1 service pack at a time, the way they were launched, then you install the frameworks and you will see that things will work. Now install framework 4 and things should remain working.

1. .NET 3.5 not included in Windows Service Pack. I each time receive the same error.

2. No, .NET is separate package and user have to install it manually. It not included it Windows Update routine.

3. Yes, I installed Windows Installer form here. But please note, that for Windows XP there is V.3 only WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe and 4.5 for Windows 7

4. As I stated, .NET not installed with any Service Pack. User should install it manually.

Ok then - thanks for the info - now we know the work we need to do when someone installs 3CX Phone system on XP.

You need to give full updates
You need to install framework 3.5
You need to give full updates again
You need to install windows installer
You need to install framework 4 and give full updates again.

thanks and regards

Yes, but at point of view of regular customer this is very cumbersome. We ill have a lot of frustration.
Installer have check for ALL missing components (not only .NET 4) and notify customer.

What is the os you are installing on? Language

Actually SP3 for XP installs .net framework 3.5 service pack 1. See the attached. We have confirmed that this is the case.
And also windows installer updates are taken into consideration at windows service pack level too. I dont see why it is contrary in your case.

Attachments

• Spupdate.PNG
    Spupdate.PNG
    607.8 KB · Views: 3,247
Usually .net dependant applications on XP need the following packages.

Install Service Pack 3 for XP
Install Installer 3.1 (Some XP installations don't need it, but doesn't hurt to install anyway)
Install Installer 4.5
Install Windows Imaging Component (Some XP installations don't need it, but doesn't hurt to install anyway)
Install .net 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.