3cx Windows Client - cannot get presence or contacts (Web API)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by fistameeny, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fistameeny

Hi,
    I've done a fresh install of 3CX Debian on a server this weekend, and rolled it out to 3 users. The system is working fine except on one PC (Windows 10) where the 3cx Windows Client throws a message:

3CX Phone for Windows could not establish a connection to the 3CX Phone System Web API. As a result, features like Contacts and presence information will not be available. You can still make and receive Phone Calls via SIP whilst we try and re-establish full functionality in the background.

The other PCs are working fine. I've removed and reinstalled the 3cx client, made sure the firewall and antivirus aren't blocking it, and tried using another users profile on the 3cx client.

I'm thinking that something remains in the registry perhaps once the client is un-installed - I have a feeling that maybe the PC is still linking to a test install I did of 3cx and it's looking for the presence from a bad URL or something.

Has anyone experienced this and know of a way to fix it? To confirm, other PCs on the LAN work fine, and this PC can make/receive calls, just the contacts and presence stuff is broken.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @fistameeny

Try un-installing the antivirus and disable the windows firewall to make sure those are not the issue. Some times disabling antivirus software does not completely turn them off and may still cause issues.
    Also send a new welcome email for that extension and make sure that the info in the 3CX client is correct after you re-provision with the new welcome email.

3. fistameeny

Thanks Yiannis. The PC is only using the built in Windows Defender, so I can disable it, but not remove it I think. On another computer that also has Defender, I'm not getting that issue.

However, what I did do was to restore a backup from a bad install and this affected user (ext: 000) was not re-created from scratch. Is it possible the provisioning link template still contains a link to an invalid resource? (essentially, I needed to reinstall as I installed 3cx but that had to change the IP address of the server)

Also, I did try sending a new welcome email. I guess I can setup a new user account/extension and try to set that up to check whether it's the extension of PC that's at fault....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.