3CX windows client dialing * or #

Discussion in 'Windows' started by rickus, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickus

Hi all,

I searched around for this issue but didn't come across relevant threads. I'm trying to use window client's CTI feature to control a Yealink T21p and I'm noticing that when I try to dial # from the client its not sending the key press to the phone. The other keys are working fine. We are also testing a Grandstream GXP2170 and it seems that * and # are not being send to the phone. We are using the v15 phone system. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,

This is not supported via CTI.

Thank You

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rickus

Hello Marios,

Is there a change required on the system side to get # to work? The command and syntax is in the CTI template so it had to be supported somehow at some point.

For *, it is being sent because it works on the Yealink and from the trace it see it going to the GXP2170 as well. From my ticket with grandstream, it seems the syntax is not correct for *. It needs to be: http:// %%desktopphone_ipaddress%%/cgi-bin/api-send_key?passcode=%%deskphone_password%%&keys=STAR. I made the change on the CTI template and restarted the 3CX service but it's still sending with keys=*. Any help appreciated here. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.