3CX windows client v12.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ccomley, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccomley

OK, trying to set up the new 3CXPhone (Windows) as a CTI-only working in conjunction with a desk phone (Yealink T42G)

Deskphone is working ok.

Now install 3CXPhone, and it appears in the "Phones" list on 3CX console.

"Assign to extension" and assign it to the same extension as the Yealink. This appears to work and the windows client now shows a connection, status, etc. Presense info works.

And the screen shows whats happening when I make a call from the phone

BUT

I can't get it to let me control calls from the Windows client. The "howto" says I should try to initiate a call and the phone screen will ask me to confirm if I wish to allow this. But nothing new shows on the phone screen.

Ah - I just realise it says the client should tell me to log it out and in again. Well, it didn't. I just closed it manually... and now it won't re-start. When I click the icon I've pinned to start menu it glows for a second then goes back to "not running" status. Nor can I now start it from the Start menu.

(W7-64-Pro btw)

2. ccomley

OK - found it wouldn't re-start because it hadn't closed down cleanly.

Killed it in Task Manager and now it re-starts OK.

BUT it still won't let me set up a call. I tap in 100 and click "Call" and nothing happens. No call. Nothing on the phone or 3CX screen. No errors shown either. Just nothing.

3. mlump

mlump New Member

Did you customize the provisioning template for your T42? If so did you remove the %%DESKPHONE_PASSWORD%% variable in order to specify a Phone admin password through the template.

If this is the case you need to go back to using the %%DESKPHONE_PASSWORD%% vairable as 3CX has to have the admin password for the phone for CTI to work.

Also if you have your phone and your desktop on different VLAN's with no routing this could cause problem. however in this case it should use the MakeCall from v11.

4. ccomley

Hmm. Pity it doesn't say that anywhere.
    BUT no, I'm using the default 3cx v.12 template for the phone. It has changed the phone's admin password, I have not tinkered wit hit. I can log in to the phone's web GUI provide I use the password as it now shows in the 3CX config screen for the extension.

Cheers.

5. ccomley

PS - sorry - forgot to say - no VLANS here. Both are on the same local /24 (which is also the one the 3CX box is on) with no active boxes in between that would affect the passing traffic.

6. mlump

mlump New Member

Im not sure what else could be causing the problem then, I have tested it with T32 and T22 Phones. Unfortunately i don't have a T42 to test. Has anyone else had problems with a T42 and CTI?

7. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi ccomley,

What Firmware version are you using on your T42? i would suggest that you upgrade the T42 to the latest firmware through the 3CX Management Console and try again and see if CTI works. To do this
    1. log into the 3CX Management Console
    2. Select your phone from the list of configured phones and click on the "Upgrade Firmware" button
    3. Upgrade your Phone's firmware and re-provision the phone.

After that is done try using 3CXPhone in CTI mode with the T42 again. If this has not solved your issue please let us know and also feel free to ask if you have any other questions or inquiries.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.