3cx Windows Phone CTI mode

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cjtrevor, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjtrevor

Hi

Is CTI mode control of the hard phone from the Windows 3cx Phone working in the release candidate version?

I've installed 3cx Phone for Windows and configured with the welcome email as described in the instructions, but if I then dial a number from the windows phone and press the green call button nothing happens on the hard phone.

This is testing with a Yealink T38G.

Chris

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

What firmware on the yealink?
    ThEre is a setting for remote control as well in the phone setup as well as an ip that is allowed.
    Also the first time you try this the phone should ask if you want to allow remote control.

cTI mode was working in the betas so I don't see why it wouldn't in the preview.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cjtrevor

Hi, the phone is on 38.70.1.115

In the phone setup where do you mean please? In the 3cx provisioning setup? Or in a 3cx menu or in the Yealkink web setup?

I notice that I can no longer log into my Yealink phone through the web. I'm not in front of it now so can't remember the exact message but instead of getting the login screen I get a message to say that login is not allowed.

I see from the 3cx upgrade notes that the phone will now have a password that I can find in 3cx, but unfortunately the phone doesn't even prompt me for a name and password any more.

4. cjtrevor

After reprovisioning and rebooting the phone again, I can now log into the phone web interface using the web password from the 3cx console.

The first time that I then tried to dial from 3cx windows phone, the Yealink phone prompted whether to allow. I pressed the button for ok. Nothing then happened.

If I make a call from the Yealink phone, the status changes in the 3cx windows phone and buttons like hold work, but the hangup button has no effect. However if I go to the full presence screen and in call activity right click and drop call, this does work.

After the first and only instance of it appearing, the message on the Yealink phone to accept remote dialling has not appeared again, even after reprovisioning and rebooting the phone again.

Any other ideas?

5. cjtrevor

Problem solved!

Upgraded to firmware 37.70.0.168 via the new firmware update feature in v12 and everything works!

I had not looked at firmware before as the supported hardware page specified 37.70.0.105, but I guess this must refer to v11.

6. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi CJtrevor,

Good to know that your problem has been solved. Yes it is essential to upgrade your phone firmware through the Phones node in the 3CX Management console to avoid any issues like this. Please let us know if you have any further inquiries.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.