3CX Windows Phone & Headsets

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bkit, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkit

Just upgraded to V12 and we are using the 3CX phone in SIP mode but we cannot get our Jabra headsets to work, is there anywhere we can choose what microphone and speaker to use ?

Craig

2. rogueblackburn

3CX Phone uses Windows audio devices. What ever your active audio device for Windows is set to gets used by the softphone.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

That infers that whatever your default playback and recording device is for Windows.. is that 3CX Phone will use. There are no choices in the application anymore.. nor will it use the default recording/playback communications devices as one might otherwise expect.

Will that change on the next update? Stay tuned.

4. aerocom

I have just installed the latest version to find the same issue. The Jabra software (latest version) does not seem to identify the V12 Softphone now. Also there appears to be no way to set the audio devices with this version in the way you could with v6.

Any update on this?

Thanks
    Darren

5. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi all,

You can still use your Jabra headsets but the answer/end call button on the headsets will not be functional. If you have any further questions or inquiries please feel free to ask.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. pacific

Not having a preference button on the new phones is a deal killer! I have several call centers that use 3cx phones for windows and use headsets for calls and speakers for training (they record and review calls) and on breaks. This downgrade is preventing me from the upgrade. I'm not the only one who is complaining about it. Even I have reverted back to version 11 due to this and a problem I'm having dialing out with Outlook and drag and drop functionality. When do we get a fix?

7. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

It would seem the only viable workaround would be to keep 3CX Phone v6 installed and configured, and use the v12 in CTI until such time of a new release and hopefully these options availed again.

8. aerocom

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the reply. Can you advise if support for Jabra/Platronics headsets will be re-introduced into the softphone at some stage or if this has been removed permanently?

Thanks
    Darren

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi All
    The current release uses the primary windows selected audio device.
    Next update is going to have the ability to select the device for Microphone, Speaker and ringing. This will be in 1-2 weeks time. For now the primary selected device is used.

Re jabra and plantronics. They can still work - as normal audio devices. The answer button is not available in V12. You can go ahead and contact Jabra. We had dropped support for plantronics a very long time ago.
    Both headsets will still work when it comes to audio. The answering button will not work.
    We had to remove this support because of their management decisions. We are very sorry for this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. kbrv

Hi, so what brand of headsets to support the use of the button ?

11. haywardi

Hi,

Another customer who would appreciate knowing what wireless headset will work with call answer on the headset?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.