• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX WindowsDNS.bat HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowardMaxfield241

Reaction score
So i installed a Failover and as directed by 3CX partner support I created the A record in my DNS to point to the active server. They all so told me to setup a .BAT file to automatically initiate when the passive server goes active. Now I have that .BAT however it doesnt seem like its working. When the Passive Server goes active all the extensions will not provision to the FQDN, and yes I do have all the extension interfaces set the to FQDN to provision. I have followed 3CX's advice to the T and yet it still will not work. Im thinking it the .BAT file not pointing the DNS to the Failover once its active. This is the .BAT

REM *** Dyn Variables ***
set hostA=192.168.1.2
set hostB=192.168.5.200
set zone=*******
set fqdn=********
set dnsserver=192.168.1.2

REM *** Change To Host B ***
REM Start new DNS Change in Zone ********
dnscmd %dnsserver% /RecordDelete %zone% %fqdn% 60 A %hostA% /f
dnscmd %dnsserver% /RecordAdd %zone% %fqdn% 60 A %hostB%
dnscmd %dnsserver% /clearcache

ipconfig /flushdns

SET hostA=192.168.1.2
set hostB=192.168.5.200
set zone=*********
set fqdn=*********
set dnsserver=192.168.1.2

Im not 100% familiar with script so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've been working on this for too long now.

So at no point did you actually test the DNS? You mention the phones don't register but you don't say anything about checking DNS resolution. Batch files are just automation so try running the commands manually first to confirm they actually work instead of just blinding running the batch file.

Whelp I got the .Bat file configured properly, however when I run it it will not connect to the DNS server. it gives me a error.

Command failed: ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED 5 (00000005)

Which versions of windows is running your dns? which version of windows are you running the batch file from ?

both are Server 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.