Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx with analog DID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jackd, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackd

Hello,

I decided to try the free version of 3cx last week, I'm very impressed with the product so far. I'm not sure how to make it work with our analog DID trunk we currently have. I believe I'll need an adapter like Multitech's Multivoip MVP's that support DID trunks, is that correct? Are there any other gateways that support DID's?

Thanks

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Using Multitech call-finder 220 should be OK. Because, it can support analog DID start "wink start/delay dial or immediate start".

Analog DID trunk line -> Multitech call-finder 220 ->FXO or FXS gateway -> 3CX BOX ->softphone or hardphone

It works. However, it is very expensive analog DID to VoIP solution.
    - incoming calls only
    - No caller ID
    - No calling ID

Please consider to change analog DID to digital PRI or BRI line instead.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jackd

Are there any other equipment options? Would the MVP130/210/etc work? It appears they support analog DID. Are there any other vendors?

Switching to BRI/PRI at this time is not feasable. Our existing PBX will not support these lines. If I do decide to use 3cx I want to remain with a configuration that is easily changed back to our existing PBX, if for some reason the 3cx implementation doesn't work as planned.

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

We also try to find SIP gateways for support analog DID line. But not luck. Even Multitech call-finder 220 support analog DID line. However, it cannot direct communicate via TCP/IP to SIP PBX.

Analog DID trunk line -> Multitech call-finder 220 ->FXO or FXS gateway(3CX supported) -> 3CX BOX ->soft phone or hard phone
    ----------------------->analog------------------------>anaglog----------------------------------->TCP/IP----->TCPIP

The above setting just for incoming calls ONLY. You also in need to arrange the SIP gateway for extensions issue calls to PSTN.

We also try Multitech call-finder 220. But now we already put it inside its box. And put it back to store room. Since we are using T1/PRI/ISDN line instead.

We cannot found other then Multitech call-finder 220 for analog DID to FXO/FXS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.