Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX with Cisco 2821

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pmalinov, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmalinov

I would love to test the 3CX system and even experiment with configuring the Cisco 7941G phones, but am struggling with the initial installation and setup. I am not veru familiar with PRIs, SIP, VoIP etc.

Here is our current setup:
    I think we have a digital PRI --> Cisco 2821 --> Cisco Call Manager & Unity --> Cisco 7941G phones

Will 3CX run as a Virtual Machine in coexistence with the Cisco 2821?
    Do I have to make any changes to the 2821 in order to have 3CX running? Do I have to have a direct connection to the Cisco 2821 or I can install the 3CX and give it any IP address that resides on the same VLAN as my call manager?

My goal is to run 3CX with only a couple of phones in parallel to our Call Manager so I can test it and hopefully switch to it one day. Would want to be able to make both internal and outgoing calls.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You would have to investigate as to whether the Cisco 2821 can interface with 3CX. The documentation says it is a router, nothing about converting from a PRI to SIP trunking, which is what you will want. As a rule, most out-of-the-box Cisco systems are not SIP, they use their own proprietary system. My initial guess would be , no, it won't work.

3. pmalinov

Aghhhhh...
    But I will be able to internal calls, right?
    And in that case it doesnt matter what IP my 3CX server has

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.