3CX with GrandStream HT-503

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dohabandit, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dohabandit

Just wanted to drop a note to say I have the HT-503 working perfectly with 3CX. My linksys SPA3102 got hit by lightning and after all the caller ID issues that I had with it, I decided to use the GrandStream FXO/FXS instead.

I have installed 3CX systems for corporate use in the past using more expensive hardware, however I am using this at home for a somewhat unique purpose and I haven't seen anyone talking about this here so I thought i would share.

I use 3CX at home to screen all my calls and prevent phones from ringing with babies in the home. What I did was create an inbound rule that sends all calls to a series of extensions. Each extension has an exception list (15 limit means multiple extensions if you have more than 15 #'s to whitelist). The list specifies inbound callerID's that you trust and will allow to ring through to the analog FXS port connected to the home phone wiring. The extensions chain to each other with the final call router extension forwarding to an IVR that plays a disconnect tone + NO SOLICITATIONS message followed by instructions that you can dial extension 0 to ring thru.

Nice thing is telemarketers get the disconnected line message so their automated system will disconnect. Ones that aren't automated get their call info logged in 3CX logs and admonished that we do not take solicitation calls of any sort.

You can also use the rules for office hours, etc to control whether people are sent to an after hours message. Close relatives that know better than to call late at night unless emergency are permitted to call 24x7.

The HT-503 is passing caller ID much more reliably than the SPA3102 that apparently had problems with the strings/data sent from the PSTN and would create malformed SIP messages that crashed 3CX. The HT-503 is also very good price point compared to the more expensive models. Now if I could just stop the marketing calls to my cell phones!

-Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.