Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx with grandstream ht503

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mallison01, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mallison01

Hi, i have 3cx 7 (downloading the latest update right now) running on a virtual server on vmware esx, i have gave the 3cx server a promised 1.5ghz of proc and 2gigs of ram up to 4gigs of ram and up to 5ghz of proc. Also the only thing running on this vm is 3cx.

network runs on 2 switches, a dell gig switch and a hp 10/100 switch with a gig uplink to the dell. both switches have qos setup for the ht503 gateways with highest priority given to anything coming or going from the 2 gateways and the 3cx server.

I have 2 ht503 gateways, using them for 2 pstn lines and 2 analouge phones, also have 1 sip phone. i have 2 lines, one is used for faxes and i dont let the gateway answer on this line only call out, the other line is my second outgoing line and of course the only incoming line.

The ht503 gateways have the latest firmware on them to my knowledge, 3cx is being updated at the moment. My problems are that on occasion when making a inbound call the gateway will ring, answer, and then 3cx will never start talking, you can hang the phone up and try calling agian and the line is busy and the gateway is completely locked up, can no longer access web interface and cant even ping the device. if you look at the device sometimes the "line" light along with the wan and power lights will all be solid, and sometimes the "phone" light will be on. I have swapped devices to make sure that i didnt have just one bad one and both do it. So im not sure if 3cx is locking it up or if the analouge phone is causing it or what? I can also look at 3cx trunk status and it shows as registered and idle.

Also second other problem is that somewhere somehow either the gateway or 3cx is occaisionally calling 911 when no one at the business is even on the phone? Im not sure if this is triggered by a inbound call or not, this has happened about 3 or 4 times.

My other issue is that if the system has not been called in a while the auto attendant takes a bit longer to answer than id like, but if you turn right around and call again it is very prompt on answering?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, ive been seriously thinking of switching to a linksys spa3102 but i hate to spend the extra money.

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: 3cx with grandstream ht503 issues

Hi

It seems that your gateway HT503 is crashing by what you are describing.

We cannot at this point say why - we will need to see captures of the device which is not very possible on this forum. However as a pointer syslog the device to Kiwi or some log viewer and monitor what logs are being sent that is making the device behave in this way.

Also about the calls to 911 - My opinion is that someone has to be making these calls - they cannot be done on their own. The PBX nor the gateway are not going to make calls to 911 with no one instructing them to do so. And why 911 of all numbers? You need to get the logs and see what is making these calls. Whatever or whoever is triggering calls to 911 will have an Ip address associated with the call. That should be your first step of troubleshooting this problem. Server activity logs in Verbose mode will give you an answer to this.

About your third problem on the IVR. What webserver are you using pls? IIS or Cassini? When you make a call to IVR it is like accessing a website example 3cx.com for the first time. But the second time you access 3cx.com, it comes up much quicker right because the website was cached. The IVR website works in a similar concept. But the first call should not take very long to give you the prompt just the same. yes I agree, the first call takes slightly a bit longer but we are only talking about maybe 1 sec max. Bottom question is What webserver are you using? Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi "mallison01"

911 operator can provide information regarding time of the call and, on the other hand, you have complete log of PBX activity.
    Looks like, it is very easy to provide additional information to get the help (or to proof the blame ;) ), isn't it?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mallison01

Well for starters im running IIS6, server is up to date.

I just installed the latest version of 3cx, also i dug around in the call logs from 3cx and no where could i find anything saying it made a call to 911, i can get anything from 911 since both my mother in law and grandmother in law work for the local comm center, ;)

The delay i get in for the ivr for the first time after being idle to me is unnacceptable at times, at times it seems to take 5sec or more to even start talking, at time if i didnt know any better i would say that someone just answered the phone and just didnt talk and i would hang up? I have read about turning the virtual memory down or even off to make it perform better, i didnt do that but in the environment settings i told it to make applications perform better instead of background apps and that seems to help a little bit, the delay is mainly just annoying but i would like to have a solution for it, my main thing right now is why is my inbound gateway hanging? and its only the inbound gateway on inbound calls? I do have a central syslog server "splunk" that i have both gateways dumping into using the info option?

I really need to know if anyone else has had this happen of if maybe i set something up wrong in 3cx? also what luck people have had from the spa3102?

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I suggest you use something more suitable for a PBX as a gateway - Audicodes, Patton or Grandstream GXW if you want. But an HT 503 was not designed to be a gateway for a professional PBX.

6. mallison01

Just FYI, since updating 3cx to the latest version over a week ago, i have not had a single issue with the ht503 gateways locking up or any unknown 911 calls. It has also been performing better, having better response times with the ivr initializing. Just in case you are wondering if it was a setting i used, and maybe had changed? i wouldnt think so since just before i updated i did a backup and restore with the update. Right now im assuming it was an issue with 3cx but i will continue to monitor it closely and if i get any interest here ill keep all posted.

7. brightcom

Hi, someone could send me the configuration file of HT-503 used as gateway for 3CX?
    I can receive incoming call but all outbound call are redirected on the FXS port.
    Thanks.

8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I suggest you get yourself a business class gateway, as oposed to using this 1 line device...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.