3CX with SIPTOSIS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jpaytoncfd, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpaytoncfd

Im am using a software called siptosis from mhspot.com. coming directly from my phone adapter all the registration settings have to be turned off. If you look at the site on the setup directions youll see what I mean. when I call from the PBX i get a call failed message on the siptosis and a busy signal on the phone. im gettint the correct reaction from the siptosis, identical to a direct connection from the phone modem, but it still rejects the call. my only though is the pbx is trying to register and im not sure how to prevent that.

2. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

As far as I can see, SIPtoSIS will attempt to register with the 3CX PhoneSystem. You should be able to resolve this issue by simply setting the password to BLANK on the Gateway Line you created from the 3CX Management Console. That way the PBX will accept registrations without verifying the password.

It should not be necessary to change the SIPtoSIS config files at all, as long as the Virtual Extension Number and the Authentication ID have been correctly set.

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Montclairguy

I have been battling with 3CX and siptosis for about a week -- and won. I have a detailed setup post on the developer's site here, for a 4 line setup using only a single skype account.

http://www.mhspot.com/stsforum/viewtopic.php?pid=1705#p1705

I had to opt for siptosis as 3CX's Gateway for Skype produced degraded call quality about 10 seconds into any call over Skype, on every box I own. The SipToSis developer is top notch; very responsive. Hope this helps someone out there.

4. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

http://wiki.3cx.com/gateway-configuration/vendor-supported/skype-to-3cx-part2

5. Montclairguy

Yes, I have already read that wiki article, thanks. However, it's somewhat dated and doesn't cover setting up siptosis under a single skype user ID. The thread I started and linked to does, and the developer has updated his apps to support that type of config now. But I appreciate the response! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.