3CX with SPA3102 for analog line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by siegenthaler, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siegenthaler

Hello
    I have installed 3CX with one VOIP account, inbound and outbound works well.
    Now I wanted to configure an SPA3102, because I want use my existing analog phone line as well.
    I went trough the configuration example from 3CX for Firmware 5.1.10 (GW). It is not working, line status remains red.

1) Do I need to connect the SPA3102 via ETHERNET port or via INTERNET port?
    2) In the admin console there was a possibility to create a config file. Is this file the configuration for the SPA3102? If so, how / where can I upload it to SPA3102?
    3) Is it possible to use some template? If you, where can I get those?
    4) Is it possible to create a config file from my system and to post so someone can have a look?

Many thanks! Your help is really appreciated!

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hello,
    I suggest you go to this link (within the support pages) http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

It describes what you need to do to connect an analogue line to 3CX. You need to connect to your LAN switch using the Internet port. The Ethernet port can be configured to be bridged, so that you can connect something else to it. Go to LAN setup and configure as "bridge".

Note that only one port is supported by 3CX on these devices. In my own office (not a customer's) I use the analogue port as a 3CX extension. The 3102is configured so that if 3CX were to go down (crash, or power fail), then the analogue phone will automatically connect to the analogue phone line.

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

And , yes, you can use both the FXO and FXS ports at the same time with 3CX. Of course you have to have all of the options set properly.

If your FXO port isn't registering, double check that you are using the same port number in both the 3CX trunk datafill and the PSTN settings in the 3102. The 3102 default is 5061 and the 3CX default is 5062. You have to change one of them.

4. siegenthaler

many thanks so far to both of you. I will check an let you know! Kind regards!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.