3CX with SPA400 Sound quality issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bolkar, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bolkar

Hello,

I am using 3CX system with a SPA400 gateway to connect to the PSTN lines. The setup is very small, only 5 extensions with a digital receptionist.

We are having big issues with the sound quality. When we speak inside the office between the extensions, everything is fine. However when we speak to an outside caller (regardless of it being a dial out or dial in) comes the problem. The sound keeps breaking at the end of each word. I am suspecting something like silence detection messing up the quality.

If the person is saying "Good day" with a little pause between the words, it sounds like "good ay". I believe, when the system detects silence it stops transmitting the voice, and when it hears the speech, it starts transmitting. However, it starts late, and misses the beginning of each word after every stop. This is extremely annoying and renders the whole system unusable. I would like to turn this off (if there such a thing), or somehow fix this issue. I do not know if this is 3CX or SPA400 related.

I thought it would be best to ask it here. I would appreciate your help.
    Bolkar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.