3CX with two service providers with separate source port?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jarlel, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jarlel

Hi,

I have an issue with a firewall that doesn't handle NAT'ing when using two different providers
    on the 3CX. The problem is that the 3CX uses the same IP and source port (5060) for both providers when
    signaling with them. This confuses the firewall (doing the NAT, it is a Sonicwall), and it looks problematic
    to get it to work like this. When using standard SIP-devices with different LAN IPs and different source ports (5061, 5062 and so on), everything works fine.

Is it possible to set up the 3CX server to use e.g. UDP port 5060 as the source port for one provider and 5061 as the
    source port for the other service provider?

If anyone has tips on how to configure a Sonicwall 3060 to handle this the "normal" way I would also appreciate that ;-)

Thanks!

2. willow

willow Member

Re: 3CX with two service providers with separate source port

on the voip provider page on the 3cx there is an option for ports. can you change that and test?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jarlel

Re: 3CX with two service providers with separate source port

Well, that is the port setting for the provider(s) side (the port that 3CX will contact for registrations, invites etc).

The issue is related to the from-port locally on the 3CX server side which is 5060 by default.
    I am wondering if this can be set separately somewhere (advanced setting somewhere, maybe in config files?) for
    the different service providers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.