Solved 3cx with voxbeam?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chris W., Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris W.

anyone running 3cx with voxbeam? I did set it up as generic SIP Trunk. All is working fine except I am unable to dial out. I had my system setup with twilio, so I had the outbound rule created, so when I replaced it with new trunk I changed to it but I am getting some permission denied.
    This is the message that I do see there in my logs.
    Call or Registration to 6462208761@(Ln.10000@Generic SIP Trunk) has failed. 95.211.119.240 replied: 403 Forbidden; from IP:95.211.119.240:5060
    Its so strange because I did enter my IP in voxbeam portal, and I can easily receive calls, its just I cannot make any test calls. Was hoping that maybe someone here had setup 3cx with voxbeam and maybe know why or what can I do to make it working. Or maybe there is some good way to test and troubleshoot to figure out what is the problem/issue

Regards,

Chris

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Probably you are sending wrong Caller-ID or authentication ID to provider.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Chris W.

It is always recommended using a 3CX supported provider as all providers go through testing to ensure compatibility and limit any issues. We also provide pre-configured templates with all settings so a provider is functional out the box. You can find a list of supported providers here.
    If IP address 95.211.119.240 is your provider then the easiest way to troubleshoot is contacting them and asking why they send a forbidden message.

4. Chris W.

Hello there, yes I know, but that provider's pricing is pretty attractive so comparing cost and trying to find a solution it is quite appealing. In any event I was able to get it working. I had issue with two things.

1) they somehow were blocking my IP from making the calls because it was a free test account while I was evaluating the service and trying to make it all work.
    2) While my outbound rule did work for the other provider and I could not dial out I created rule where no matter what it would call using them, but apparent I had to have some more specific rule, example if number starts with 1 then call using that provider... so after modifying that rule I was able to finally place a test call.

Anyway many thanks for all the help and support... Hope I can make it all work and be able to replace my office traditional PBX with 3cx.

Regards,

Chris

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear you got it working and thank you for sharing your solution. If you need any further please do not hesitate to create a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.