• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx with yealink ip phone issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mina Hanna

Platinum Partner
Reaction score
Dears,
Kindly i have a customer has 3cx standard edition and has an issue with auto provision with yealink ip phones .3cx server and yealink ip phones in the same lan network 3cx ip 192.168.1.60/16 and all ip phones inthe same network range /16 but no ip phone can auto provision with 3cx although all ip phones appears on his 3cx phone tab but when we try to assign extension to any phone nothing is happen and when we try to make manual configuration the result was register failed ,Actually i tried to check this issue by using wireshark and i found this message ( 407 authentication proxy required) So kindly advice

In addition to the info @aws2p mentioned, please let us know if by manual provisioning you mean you used the manual link provisioning method described here: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/manually-provision-yealink/

If not, please give it a go and let us know what happens.
Dears
Thanks for your reply
firstly, The issue is why the auto provisioning not work although the ip phones appear in the 3cx phone tab.
Secondly, when we try to do manual configuration we yes try to use manual link provisioning but not work and also try to configure the ip phone manual from Account tab on ip phone and write the ip phone label, username, register name and password taken from extension setting from 3cx but also unfortunately not work.
finally
  • 3CX Version, Standard Annual V16 latest version
  • Server OS, Windows Server 2016
  • 3CX Server onprime
  • IP Phone yealink T23G and T46U and T46S
  • Provisioning Method: Local

When using PnP, the following will happen:

1. When you factory reset the IP Phone, it will send a message to multicast IP address 224.0.1.75
2. The 3CX PBX will pick up this message and present the phone in the Phones section
3. When you select the IP Phone from the Phones section and click on Add or Assign extension, a SIP NOTIFY message will be sent to the IP Phone containing the provisioning link to be used by the device.
4. The device will then use that provisioning link to contact the 3CX PBX on it's HTTP(S) port and request the configuration file to then use it to provision.

The fact that you see the device in the phones section but assigning an extension does nothing, may mean one of the following:
• The SIP NOTIFY message is not reaching the IP Phone
• The IP Phone cannot reach the PBX with the provided provisioning link

Try the following:
• Factory Reset the phone again
• Detect it in the "Phones" section of the Management Console
• Select it and the click on Assign or Add extension
• Before pressing "OK", scroll down to where it reads "Select Interface", make sure the local IP of the 3CX PBX is selected instead of the FQDN and then click "OK" in the top.

Let me know if it provisions by doing so

When using PnP, the following will happen:

1. When you factory reset the IP Phone, it will send a message to multicast IP address 224.0.1.75
2. The 3CX PBX will pick up this message and present the phone in the Phones section
3. When you select the IP Phone from the Phones section and click on Add or Assign extension, a SIP NOTIFY message will be sent to the IP Phone containing the provisioning link to be used by the device.
4. The device will then use that provisioning link to contact the 3CX PBX on it's HTTP(S) port and request the configuration file to then use it to provision.

The fact that you see the device in the phones section but assigning an extension does nothing, may mean one of the following:
• The SIP NOTIFY message is not reaching the IP Phone
• The IP Phone cannot reach the PBX with the provided provisioning link

Try the following:
• Factory Reset the phone again
• Detect it in the "Phones" section of the Management Console
• Select it and the click on Assign or Add extension
• Before pressing "OK", scroll down to where it reads "Select Interface", make sure the local IP of the 3CX PBX is selected instead of the FQDN and then click "OK" in the top.

Let me know if it provisions by doing so
Actually i did all this steps but unfortunately still not provision and when i take a capture by Wireshark i found this message ( 407 authentication proxy required) So kindly advice

Unfortunately that message out of context does not tell us much..

The description my colleague gave you is basically a step by step deconstruction of what happens when you provision a phone. Since you are familiar with Wireshark, then I suggest you use it to analyze all those steps and learn where the trail stops, and that will give you a clue for what needs to be fixed before the phone will work.

Step 1 & 3 is what happens before provisioning starts, and then step 4 is the time when you should see the phone requesting to get files from the server. Since this is a local phone, the traffic should be visible in wireshark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.