3CX wizard unhandled exception error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by benjamingojr, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benjamingojr

Hi Everyone

Trying to install ver. 12 after uninstalling ver .11. After installation however I get a dialog box saying "Unhandled Exception has occured" . Clicking on the details gives me the message below

Appreciate any ideas on how to get around this.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Ben

Attached Files:

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Was your v11 running the latest service pack before you ran the backup? if not restore v11 update to latest service pack then rerun backup remove v11 install V12 and import new backup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. benjamingojr

Hi Jonathan

Yes v.11 was updated with the latest service packs. But lo and behold I simply uninstalled v.11 without any backups before running the v.12 installation. Tried to reinstall v.11 as a recourse but could no longer find the installation files on 3CX. Btw, I'm currently wanted by the business process contingencies police.

Appreciate anymore suggestions you can give. Thanks for the response!

Ben

4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

I'm not sure about v12 but I know when you run v12.5 it will offer you the opportunity to backup your 3CX before it uninstalls the old version and installs the new one. Check your system for ZIP files perhaps you have a v11 backup.

Failing that hopefully you have a backup of your windows or VM that you can restore and then use 3CX to backup the v11 and try again.

The way 3CX does version upgrades you have to backup the old version, uninstall the old version, install the new version and then import the backup from the older version.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/upgrade-3cx-phone-system/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.