Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved 3cx wont push firmware, v15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TCF, Mar 16, 2017.

Solved 3cx wont push firmware, v15 2 5 1votes
2/5, 1 vote

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF

TCF

BackStory : After upgrading to v15 all of my phones said Not Supported next to their Firmware version. I downloaded the new Firmware through the 3cx Console and pushed the update.. The phone would restart and say "Update Skipped" and sure enough the Firmware did not install. So I went through and MANUALLY updated the Firmware on all 110 phones to the version 3CX wanted, then changed all of my phones to the new Version 15 supported Templates. All of my Phones then showed they were up to date and went from a RED Fw background in the Phone tab to Green. Everything worked well....

Today: A new FW version is now out for the 2 different Yealink Phones we have in our Factory, T19p and T42G . So I download the update through 3CX then went to the Phone tab and once again all of the phones are Red and say "Not Supported", I assume because I just downloaded a new version. So I select the phones and push the new Firmware Update. On 3CX I get a Successful message, the phones restart and sure enough the Firmware DID NOT update. Back to square one!!!! Any suggestions, this is getting frustrating. I really don't want to have to manually update 110 phones every time an update comes out. I've tried pushing the Firmware on single phones instead of batch selecting them and the Firmware is never successful.

#1 TCF, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  2. andreaschr

3. TCF

TCF

Thank you for the response andreaschr. Where do I go to see a list of the downloaded Firmware? I did a search on the PBX for the .rom files and found them but is there an easier way to locate them?

I did piece together the file structure by using the .rom file location I searched for and tried going to it using the pbx's local ip address as you described, from a different computer, and was able to reach it and download the firmware file.

Is there a place I can check to make sure 3cx is formatting the url correctly for the Firmware? I went into the Parameters section on 3CX and

PROVISIONING_LINK_*** url's are all working.

I did notice that the firmware files are on the Server under firmware_new/yealink and not firmware/yealink . Could this make a difference?

Any advise on how to proceed?

#3 TCF, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  4. TCF

TCF

Upgrading to the new SP5 to see if this corrects the issue..

#4 TCF, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  5. TCF

TCF

Upgrading the Service Pack did not fix the problem. I think one of the issues is that new firmware files are being downloaded to

/firmware_new/
    instead of
    /firmware/

as the default Template for my phone has /firmware/ listed for the firmware provisioning folder.

I manually copied the firmware_new .rom files into the firmware folder but it didn't make a difference.

Does anybody know why 3cx is saving firmware into firmware_new when the default template for V15 has the provisioning url listed as firmware? Is there any way to fix this in 3cx and have it save to the firmware folder?

I created a custom template and changed /firmware/ to /firmware_new/ and the phone still wouldn't upgrade the firmware. I get an update skipped message.

So maybe there are other issues, any suggestions are appreciated

#5 TCF, Mar 23, 2017
  6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The firmware is first downloaded to firmware new but once the update process begins the firmware is copied automatically into the firmware folder.
    It appears that your issue is different. Are your phones local or remote?

7. TCF

TCF

My phones are all local. Everything worked in version 14 then after upgrading to 15 it stopped working. All of my phones are set to use the newest, unaltered 3cx template for the Yealink phones . I can provision new phones without any issues. I just can't update the firmware.

Note:
    If I hold OK on the phone and reset it to factory default , then reprovision, it DOES update the firmware.
    If I hit Reprovision in 3cx then try updating the firmware is does NOT update the firmware.

So I have a workaround but I also have 110 phones so hopefully there's another solution.

#7 TCF, Mar 24, 2017
  8. TCF

TCF

SOLVED
    YiannisH_3CX
    figured this one out for me. Thank you!

It turns out on V14 we setup our phones to provision over port 80. On v15 when installing it sets the default port at port 5000. By not changing the port from 5000 to 80 the phones were using the wrong provisioning url to download the firmware files. After logging into the phone's web page and adding :5000 to the provisioning Url the firmware updated successfully.

http://yourserver/
    changed to
    http://yourserver:5000/

9. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to help and thank you for sharing your solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.