3CX wont ring on computer with OBIHAI Adapter

Discussion in 'Windows' started by YohanT, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YohanT

Hard- and Software:
    - Desktop PC, sound card, USB micro, speakers (connected to separate sound card), Win 7 64 bit
    - OBIHAI100 VOIP Adapter
    - OBI Talk Software
    - Google Voice as VOIP provider

Configuration:
    - You get an OBIHAI No.xxxxxxxxx and put it in 3CX Accounts ID and Extension. The OBI Talk software has registered the 3CX phone 6.0.26523.0 as <sipxxxxxxxxx@yyyyyyyyy:50927> where yyyyyyyy is my computers IP address.
    - In 3CX Preferences > Sound devices are my USB micro and my speacers enabled.
    - 3CX Debug reports that everything is OK, sound mic device, sound ring device, sound speaker device etc
    - OBI Talk software does not say anything about STUN

What is working:
    - can call out on 3CX phone
    - can call out and receive calls on Android phone
    - can call out and receive calls on my wired phone connected to the OBIHAI VOIP Adapter
    - can call on Skype (have no Skype No.therefore no calls in)
    - can play all kind of audio media on my computer

What is not working:
    - 3CX phone does not ring when I receive a call

Thanks for your help

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have dabbled with the Obi 110, but became frustrated with the dialplan/maps and have set it aside until i have some more time to play around with it.
    That said...I was not aware that the Obi100 was capable of acting as a SIP server. As I understand it, you can register the Obi to two VoIP providers (one can be Google Voice), along with the Obitalk network. It appears almost Identical to the 110 minus the PSTN port, is that not correct? If so,I'm unclear as how you are going to register the 3CX phone to it.

Are you talking about attempting to register the 3CX phone with the Obitalk network?

3. YohanT

Yes the OBI 100 is Identical to the 110 minus the PSTN port. I have registered it only to Google Voice along with the Obitalk network so far.
    I have used in 3XC Account settings:
    Extensions: My OBI No 290xxxxxx (Not the device No. 300xxxxxx)
    ID: My OBI No.
    Password: Not sure if it is necessary
    Local or external IP (both work): The IP address of my computer 192.168.......
    The OBI Talk software has registered the 3CX phone 6.0.26523.0 as <sip290xxxxxx@192.168....:50927>
    As I wrote I can call out on the 3XC phone, but it is not ringing when a call is coming in.
    I tried everything from the thread "Another issue... 3CX wont ring on my computer" by vo-services from Fri Aug 10, 2012

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, you are registering the 3Cx phone to the Obitalk network? I was not aware that that could be done as i have not seen anything mentioned about placing/receiving calls over their network using anything but one of the Obi devices.

Generally, with any SIP device, if you can place, but not receive calls, it is one of a few possibilities.

The SIP server has been given the wrong Public IP, or wrong port, at which to reach you. (STUN usually helps with that)
    The router that you are behind is blocking the incoming message, or has been told to direct it to another device.
    For some reason, the device is ignoring or rejecting the call.

What do you mean by "the Obitalk software" ?

5. YohanT

> So, you are registering the 3Cx phone to the Obitalk network? I was not aware that that could be done as i have not seen anything mentioned about placing/receiving calls over their network using anything but one of the Obi devices.

Yo must have in addition a VOIP Provider. In my case it is Google Voice.
    First you have to launch ObiApp then 3CX. If the settings in ObiApp are correct, 3CX will register the Obi devices and thus Google Voice is open.

> The SIP server has been given the wrong Public IP, or wrong port, at which to reach you.
    How can I figure that out?

> (STUN usually helps with that)
    How do I have to apply STUN?

> The router that you are behind is blocking the incoming message, or has been told to direct it to another device. For some reason, the device is ignoring or rejecting the call.
    You mean the firewall in the router? In 6 years never had problems with it. I will deactivate the firewall

> What do you mean by "the Obitalk software" ?
    ObiApp is the correct name, see http://www.obihai.com/docs-downloads.html OBiAPP Soft Phone Middleware (3rd Party SIP Soft Phone Required)

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have seen mention of an Obi App, but to be honest, have no use for it as I have the 3CX Phone App as an extension off my PBX. Once I get some time (and desire) to work on my Obi110, I plan to bring Google Voice in as a trunk to the 3CX PBX, so there would be no need to access it in another manner. It's status as a free service, may change as of the end of this year, so it may not be something that I will pursue in any case. in the end my Obi may just be a substitute for an SPA-3102 as a means to bring another analogue trunk into 3CX.

There have been a couple of other Obi users on the forum, perhaps one of them has overcome the obstacles you are experiencing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.