3CX_Debian_install_VirtualBox

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mixig, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

for test purpose i tried to install 3cxDebian (offical 3cx .iso file), when I get prompt choose 1 or 2 (WEB browser or CLI; I choosed Web browser) nothing happend; manual says go to http://IP_address:5015 but nothing is showing up (i put te corectt IP).
    I also tried 127.0.0.1:5015 because VM is on the same host. In CLI status is like in the attach
    Also under the network settings i choose Bridge Adapter (just linke says in the manual):
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/debian-linux-using-virtualbox/

Am i doing somethnig wrong or?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

You didn't use the full link including ?v=2
    I just used the CLI. If you're gonna use linux use it like a man.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    strint_echo likes this.
  3. V..

V..

Hi Mixig,

I suspect you may have incorrectly configured your virtual adaptor. Also please note that just because a VM may be on the same physical hardware you will not be able to access it via the hosts's loopback interface.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    NickD_3CX likes this.
  4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I suspect the same, I think once I tried VirtualBox I had to set Adapter Type to "Bridged Adapter", so essentially the VM got an IP from the DHCP of my router that was though different to that of the Host PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.