.3cxconfig android client in play store on chromebook

Discussion in 'Android' started by Swwils, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swwils

Hello,

I know that 3CX do not currently produce a true chromeOS client, however many chromebooks now support the google android play store.

I have successfully installed the android client on chromeOS on a chromebook through this method, however the only barrier to it working is the automatic launch of a .3cxconfig - in chromeOS android apps are currently sandboxed so there is no way to have the correct file association.

This leads me to my question: Is it possible to have a location to put the config file in locally rather than rely on a file association launch? Or a browse for file in the client?

[​IMG]

As an update, unfortunately the new android client beta with QR code scanning fails to initialise a Chromebooks camera as the permissions are not quite correct.
    Regards,

#1 Swwils, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for the feedback.

-In regards to the file association o the 3cxconfig file, this is something we've seriously looked into very recently in our attempts to improve provisioning but doesn't seem to be possible in the same way it is like in Windows. You'l need to install a file manager like Total Commander and open the .3cxconfig file "Open with 3CX". I realize this is quite ugly, that's why we're planning our next release to have the QR Code Provisioning functionality.(See my followup on this below)

-Browsing for the file it's self is not a function that's available in our client. Seeing however in what capacity you and maybe other users use the 3CX Client, it could be an interesting idea to see whether adding this function could be something we could do.

-BETA: In regards to the beta and the camera permissions issue, could you elaborate? Our application requests all of it's permissions for usage of the various functions of your device during it's installation, this also includes camera permissions. It would be interesting to see what happened in your case and why it fails for you. It's not even possible to deny permissions to the camera, so i'm not sure how you have an issue with this.

This doesn't really look like a native Android environment. What OS is this even?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 LeonidasG, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  3. Sopock

Sopock Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.