3cxconfig files are missing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by matrix3, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matrix3

With our deployments, we always do a professional install to make sure the client has the best experience possible. Part of the procedure is to copy all of the .xml files for the welcome emails from the server, rename them to .3cxconfig, and put them on a USB stick for the tech doing the install. In v15, these files aren't there. The only way to do this in v15 is to change the email address to the the tech, send the email, save the attachment, and then change the email address back to what it should be. This is very labor intensive and greatly increases the risk of an error in the email address being wrong. Please bring back this ability.

2. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

If this is the case v15 is a going to be a difficult upgrade for our HQ as we deploy .3cxconfig through this location with deployment scripts.

confirmed following is empty:

c:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\random\TcxProvFiles\

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. matrix3

I really like the idea of pushing the .3cxconfig files via a script. Would you mind sharing how you do this?

4. dkintana

I'm having the same problem. The only way to obtain the 3cxconfig files is to send the welcome email to the configured email address in the extension, but I have a lot of extensions that doesn't have, and never will have, configured email address.

Please, enable a way to obtain this config files directly or leave all of then in a folder like v12.5 did.

Regards,

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

But why would you have extensions without emails?
    How are you going to send these files to the mobile devices if not via email?
    On windows you can get the provisioning path and you can configure the url in the client.

If you want set a dummy mail on all non email allowed extensions and select all and send all welcome emails. inside the confiig you will have the link for each extension and you can send it to them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. matrix3

There are many examples of why you would use the software but not have email. For starts, a shared work area. I.e. Some of our clients are grocery stores. They have phones at the cash registers and 3CX Phone for Windows but no email address. This is just one example, but having the files is really important and using a dummy / temp email address is very time consuming when you have lots of phones to do.

7. dkintana

Nickybrg,

What Matrix says is a very often scenario in almost any companies. In my own company, we have one extension in the meeting room, another one in the coffee area, various in the manufacturing area that doesn't belong to an specific desktop, others that are shared among several people. Other cases are those that in a group of workers, there is an extension for every person, but all of them share the same email address because of work organization... Take into account those extensions that are unattended ones, like those used to public address systems, or connected to devices like door openers or so.

I think, honestly, that to have a place where all of the 3cxconfig files reside, is a good idea that makes things easier to all of us.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.