Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CXMediaServer crash using voicemail (3CX ver 3.0.1699.0)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Max Wild, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max Wild

Just trying out the 3CX PBX which is fantastic and all working well... except if I try and call a digital receptionist, or access voicemail from a handset, the media server crashes within about 10 seconds.

I noticed another similar issue from the beta, but I am using the 3.0 RC2. I have a zipped set of 'clean' logs recreating the issue if someone is prepared to take a look (Alexander seemed to be dealing with a simlar issue previously?).

Thanks!

2. Alexander

Hi Max !

Please send your logs to me (to my e-mail). We'll survey them thoroughly :)
    Thanks for your help :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Max Wild

Just to update on the results of sending logs to Alexander for anyone else who experiences this issue.

It appears the PC we installed 3CX on had a corrupt DirectShow graph filter called Ligos MPEG Splitter. Initially I unregistered (regsvr32 /u lmpgspl.ax)removed the file lmpgspl.ax on Alexander's advice. This fixed the crashing, but made any MP3 prompts played by voicemail take between 3 and 9 seconds to start playing. I have now reregistered the graph filter (regsvr32 lmpgspl.ax) which has stopped the crashing, and fixed the slow to play mp3 files.

FYI - You can download a freeware util to view all filters in use by DirectShow, and change their settings/remove them here - http://www.softella.com/dsfm/index.en.htm

Thanks again Alexander.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.