3CXMediaServer.exe has encountered a problem.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SiliconSentry, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiliconSentry

I'm getting a window when I start the media server saying that 3CXMediaServer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
    It happens about thirty or so seconds after I tell the service to start.

Error Signature:
    szAppName : 3CXMediaServer.exe szAppVer : 5.1.4510.0
    szModName : lmpgad.ax szModVer : 4.0.0.77 offset : 00001b44

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Please post Version information of lmpgad.ax. (it is on Version tab of file property dialog)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SiliconSentry

I couldn't find that as an individual file would it show up as a dependency of the media server executable with version info?

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

No, because Media server doesn't depend on it. It is a codec you've installed yourself. Media Server just uses codecs which are installed on the system, it doesn't provide its own codecs. I mean audio codecs, not RTP codecs. RTP codecs we're providing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

You should know more about this file, because you installed it on your computer. PBX setup doesn't install DirectShow "filters".

Regards

6. SiliconSentry

Ok well unfortunately it doesn't show up as a file on the system drive. It's also doesn't show up registered in DxDiag.
    Any ideas as to where I might be able to find the information that you are looking for?
    Sorry PBX systems are fairly new to me and I'm working on it because I have to learn
    them for my new job.
    I've been told that this is a good system to learn on. I'm sorry if I'm a newbie.

Thank you for your time.

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It is not a question whether you familiar with PBX systems or not. That file is DirectShow filter which was installed by some software.
    You may use http://www.softella.com/dsfm/index.en.htm to investigate what is going on and locate that codec

8. SiliconSentry

Ok thank you that software helped immensly. I have a lot of codecs it seems. The version for that file is Ver 2

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Who did create it and what software did install it?

Thanks

10. SiliconSentry

Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder
    Created by Ligos Corporation.
    Installed by ACE Mega Codec Pack

11. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

May be it is a good idea the disable(uninstall) this codec.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.