• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXMediaServer.exe has encountered a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiliconSentry

Reaction score
I'm getting a window when I start the media server saying that 3CXMediaServer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
It happens about thirty or so seconds after I tell the service to start.

Error Signature:
szAppName : 3CXMediaServer.exe szAppVer : 5.1.4510.0
szModName : lmpgad.ax szModVer : 4.0.0.77 offset : 00001b44

SiliconSentry said:
I'm getting a window when I start the media server saying that 3CXMediaServer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
It happens about thirty or so seconds after I tell the service to start.

Error Signature:
szAppName : 3CXMediaServer.exe szAppVer : 5.1.4510.0
szModName : lmpgad.ax szModVer : 4.0.0.77 offset : 00001b44

Please post Version information of lmpgad.ax. (it is on Version tab of file property dialog)

I couldn't find that as an individual file would it show up as a dependency of the media server executable with version info?

SiliconSentry said:
I couldn't find that as an individual file would it show up as a dependency of the media server executable with version info?

No, because Media server doesn't depend on it. It is a codec you've installed yourself. Media Server just uses codecs which are installed on the system, it doesn't provide its own codecs. I mean audio codecs, not RTP codecs. RTP codecs we're providing.

SiliconSentry said:

Hi,

You should know more about this file, because you installed it on your computer. PBX setup doesn't install DirectShow "filters".

Regards

SY said:
SiliconSentry said:

Hi,

You should know more about this file, because you installed it on your computer. PBX setup doesn't install DirectShow "filters".

Regards

Ok well unfortunately it doesn't show up as a file on the system drive. It's also doesn't show up registered in DxDiag.
Any ideas as to where I might be able to find the information that you are looking for?
Sorry PBX systems are fairly new to me and I'm working on it because I have to learn
them for my new job.
I've been told that this is a good system to learn on. I'm sorry if I'm a newbie.

Thank you for your time.

SiliconSentry said:
SY said:
SiliconSentry said:

Hi,

Regards

Ok well unfortunately it doesn't show up as a file on the system drive. It's also doesn't show up registered in DxDiag.
Any ideas as to where I might be able to find the information that you are looking for?
Sorry PBX systems are fairly new to me and I'm working on it because I have to learn
them for my new job.
I've been told that this is a good system to learn on. I'm sorry if I'm a newbie.

Thank you for your time.

It is not a question whether you familiar with PBX systems or not. That file is DirectShow filter which was installed by some software.
You may use http://www.softella.com/dsfm/index.en.htm to investigate what is going on and locate that codec

Ok thank you that software helped immensly. I have a lot of codecs it seems. The version for that file is Ver 2

SiliconSentry said:
Ok thank you that software helped immensly. I have a lot of codecs it seems. The version for that file is Ver 2

Who did create it and what software did install it?

Thanks

Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder
Created by Ligos Corporation.
Installed by ACE Mega Codec Pack

SiliconSentry said:
Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder
Created by Ligos Corporation.
Installed by ACE Mega Codec Pack

May be it is a good idea the disable(uninstall) this codec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.