• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone 12 + Yealink T28 + CTI = FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwinfield

Reaction score
Greetings.

I have on my desk a stack of Yealink T28P phones with latest firmware (version 2.70.23.10 released 2013-07-29) and have set up 3CXPhone for Windows (version 12.0.33517.0), both with the same extension as configured on 3CX Phone System 12 (SP3). All normal functions, presence, et al are working perfectly fine. However, CTI mode simply does not; attempting any action has nil effect.

After more digging than i should have to do - through far too little/ambiguous/useless 'documentation' - i found that 3CXPhone is issuing HTTP requests that are incorrect for this phone and firmware version as best as i can discern. It is issuing:
Code:
GET /cgi-bin/cgiServer.exx?key=SPEAKER;1;0;1;;ENTER HTTP/1.1
where cgiServer.exx should in fact be ConfigManApp.com - which, invoked manually, works, although only individual keys without ; separator.

I have not had dealings with the MyPhone but research indicates that its CTI URL could be configured. I find no such settings anywhere with the new version of 3CXPhone despite "The features and functionality of 3CX MyPhone features have been moved to the 3CXPhone client." I have also scoured all files in key locations in the filesystem for any mention of the relevant substrings to no avail. I can only surmise that the relevant URLs are hard-coded or are otherwise well and truly out of configurable reach.

Please advise/rectify.
MW

Hi mwinfield,

you need to upgrade the Phones firmware through the Management Console. To do this:
1. Log in to the 3CX Management Console
2. Go to the Phones node
3. Select your phone from the list of provisioned phones and click on the Upgrade Firmware button.
4 After you upgrade the firmware, reset and provision your phone, then connect your 3CXPhone client and make an outgoing call through the client.
5. the Phones display should show an "Allow Remote Control Message", press the OK button (this will only happen once).

That should solve your issues. If it does not please let us know and if you have any further inquiries feel don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards

Hello,

i finished a new installation with Yealink T26 phones, and i have the same problem.
The phones come with firmware 6.70.188.13 i downloaded the latest firmware and tryed to update
the firmware the way discriped here, but the firmware stays the same.
Even when i manually try to upgrade the firmware with the webpage then the Phone won't accept the firmware.
Changed the "Only Accept Trusted Certificates" in the security tab to disabled, but upgrdades still fail,
and i urgently need the cti mode working as the customer wants to use this

kind regards,
Stefan

Hi Mwinfield

the latest supported firmware for T28P is 2.71.0.168 NOT 2.70.23.10 please upgrade using the 3CX Management Console (Phones node-> Select your phone then click on Upgrade Firmware) after that is done log into your 3CXPhone client and dial a number out. You will see an "allow remote control" prompt on the IP Phone's screen, select okay. After that you should be able to use CTI mode without any issues

samandar reset the phone back to its factory settings then update the firmware to the latest version using the 3CX Management Console as descibed for Mwinfield (latest version for T26P is 6.71.0.168) and follow the same steps.

If any of you has any further questions or inquiries please feel free to let us know. Hope this solves your issues.

Best Regards

Any idea what the firmware for Cisco SPA504G is ?

Hello Andreas,

i downloaded the 6.71.0.168 firmware and placed in 3CX
i set the yealink to factory default settings
i reprovisioned the Phone to it's extention
i choose the Phone and asked to update the firmware, i select the downloaded firmware
and 3CX tells me it wil upgrade the firmware, i see the Phone reboot, but after the reboot i still got the old firmware

now i set the Phone back to factory default and try to upload the new firmware with the web interface
but also no success. i tried to make an account on the yealink forum but they don't sent a mail to me for confirmation,
so i am stuck at this ...

whatever i try the web page displays always

Firmware version : 6.70.188.13
Hardware version : 4.0.1.44

kind regards,
Stefan

AndreasP_3CX said:
Hi mwinfield,

you need to upgrade the Phones firmware through the Management Console. To do this:
1. Log in to the 3CX Management Console
2. Go to the Phones node
3. Select your phone from the list of provisioned phones and click on the Upgrade Firmware button.
4 After you upgrade the firmware, reset and provision your phone, then connect your 3CXPhone client and make an outgoing call through the client.
5. the Phones display should show an "Allow Remote Control Message", press the OK button (this will only happen once).

That should solve your issues. If it does not please let us know and if you have any further inquiries feel don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards

I have went through this process. I cannot get my Yealink T28 to pull the prompt. I updated firmware to 2.73.0.54 as 3cx recommended. I even enabled Remote control in the web panel to prompt and put our Pbx phone address in the remote control box. I dial through my 3cx phone in CTI mode and the phone does nothing. The call wont even go through either via the computer. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.