Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CXPhone 14 Macbook Call failed internal error

Discussion in 'iOS' started by zcc3cx, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zcc3cx

Hello,

(my english not zo well. Sorry :) )

Setting up 3CX for a customer
    3CX server version 14 @customers network
    My iphone5 & macbook pro @home network

Problem:
    Cannot make a connection to internal extentions from my macbook

On my iphone5 with 3CXPhone 14 app (wifi):
    - Can call other extensions & talk = working
    - I can call to the extension on mij macbook, it rings, i can pick it up, no sound

On my Macbook Pro (yosemite 10.10.5) 3CXPhone 14:
    When i dial a extension i get a error: Call failed internal error
    (same through wifi as through cable)
    *777 and *888 same error: Call failed internal error

All apps are connected and registered says 3CX Manager and the logs.

Try to find solutions on internet, google, forums ... nothing :-(
    checked firewall (on mac disabled), all routers etc etc (must be good because iphone5 works well)
    (I'm working 35 years in ICT so i know about nat, firewall, wifi, ...)

I'll think it's a problem with the macbook <> 3CXPhone 14, but i don't know what.

Mayby someone has fix it :)

Sincerely,
    Jan

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Jan
    The "internal error" message almost for sure indicate a microphone-related problem.
    Also, most probably the problem is related to the "default device" (microphone) setting - here is a problem with MAC OS we weren't able to properly fix it yet. However:
    - open 3CXPhone's Settings, the Audio tab, and there in the Microphone select the Built-in option, then try the call again.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zcc3cx

Hi Vali,

I set all audio settings in the 3cx settings to Build-in and it's working for now :)

Thnx for teh reply & tips.

Regars,
    Jan

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Jan
    Thanks for feedback.
    As a note: you don't have to select "Buil-in" only, you may select any other device listed there. The problem I mentioned earlier with the MAC OS is the "default device": it may be a device which is no longer available, so by selecting a "precise" one bypass that issue.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lorenzo06

Hi Vali, I am having the same issue on Mac since 1 week. Everything was working correctly before but now there is no way I can make calls. The client shows "On Hook" but if I try to call the message "Call failed, Internal error" appears. I tried to play with the audio option and to change them from 3cx settings but that did not solve the problem. I tried with internal speakers and with headset. What else could I look at?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.