• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone Android app v1.3.4 partially registered

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedukeofchutney

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got an HTC Wildfire with 3CXPhone v1.3.4 installed, my boss has an iPhone4 with 3CXPhone v1.1.4 installed.

Our firewall is configured to allow the apps to connect:

Single ports:
5060, UDP & TCP, bi-directional
5090, TCP, bi-directional

Port range:
9000 - 9049, UDP, bi-directional

...and the apps do connect, but only up to a point.

Both the iPhone & the Wildfire show as Not Registered onscreen on their respective phones after a minute or so but, during that same time the 3CX Phone System shows them as Registered.

Some time later (about 2 minutes-ish) 3CX Phone System reports them as unregistered.

Below is an excerpt of the 3CX Phone System log entry for the Android app:

09:28:35.628|.\Extension.cpp(406)|Log2||ExtnCfg::updateContact:[CM504001]: Ext.113: new contact is registered. Contact(s): [sip:[email protected]:55216;transport=TCP;ob/113]

This is the 3CX Phone System log entry for the iPhone4 app:

09:30:47.282|.\Extension.cpp(406)|Log2||ExtnCfg::updateContact:[CM504001]: Ext.114: new contact is registered. Contact(s): [sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=TCP;ob/114]

Our VoIP provider is Spitfire (UK) - for what it's worth.

Can anyone help with this partial registration issue?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Mark

Are both of these phone registering from outside your private network? Using WiFi or 3G?

It looks like Ext 113 is registering with one IP (is that a private or public one?)
thedukeofchutney said:
[sip:113@10.186.223.46:55216;transport=TCP;ob/113]

And 114 has a private IP

thedukeofchutney said:
[sip:114@192.168.0.25:5060;transport=TCP;ob/114]

Which would be fine if it were registering on the local LAN, but, would indicate that you probably aren't using STUN on the set, if this is a registration from another network.

leejor

Both SHOULD be registering from outside using 3G.

I've also picked the wrong line from the log, here's a more informative log entry for the iPhone app.

09:16:17.958|.\Extension.cpp(406)|Log2||ExtnCfg::updateContact:[CM504001]: Ext.114: new contact is registered. Contact(s): [sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=TCP;ob/114]

Mark

Have you tried using WiFi from a hotspot? Your problems could be caused by your provider.

It's interesting to note that the port number on the extension 114 registration is 5060, which I would expect. Yet it is port 55216 on extension 113.

leejor

Both phones are on the same provider (Vodafone).

I also noticed the high-ordered port number on the Android but haven't been able to make head or tail of why - which is one of the reasons for my post here.

The strange thing is the Android went through a period this morning of not registering when I forced it to, then suddenly it did register successfully when forced - but only once - and at the very next 'timed' registration (2 minutes later as I sat watching it) it fell off the wagon, so to speak and since then it's been the same, not registering.

I've not tried a hotspot and don't have any to-hand - this is South Cambridgeshire, Internet access from our exchange is via two pieces of wet string! If the wind pushes the telephone poles over in the right direction then we count ourselves blessed if our download speed tops 1.5Megs.

Your provider may be doing some port translation, which would explain one of the phones, but doesn't explain why the difference.

You should make an effort to try out WiFi registration (maybe a friend will allow it from their home router), or some place like Starbucks. You need to confirm that it is, or isn't, your provider, causing a problem for you. Perhaps someone else using Vodaphone can chime in.

It is suspicious that two different makes of phone, different versions of the 3CX phone, are having the same issue. It is obviously something in common. Either your 3CX set-up, or your provider, at least trying WiFi should eliminate one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.