3CxPhone API - Available (but currently busy)

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Kyle Johansen, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Johansen

Hello,
    On the client when the user is on a call there is a yellow square replacing the green one and the rollover changes from 'available' to 'available (currently..'. Is there a way to use the API to get these statuses?

Thank you.

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Kyle Johansen,

If you need the status for the current extension being used by 3CXPhone for Windows, then you can get it using the 3CXPhone API, subscribing to the events:
    - IMyPhoneCallHandler.CurrentProfileChanged
    - IMyPhoneCallHandler.ProfileExtendedStatusChanged

If you need the information for other extensions in the system, then that's only available through the 3CX Call Control API.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kyle Johansen

Thank you,

However although I do only the current extension those don't seem to work for me. Whenever I check the profile for status, I only get 'available' and not the '(Is busy now)' text.

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That's because the profile is not really changing. Just the extension is in a call... You need to check if you have an active call or not, you have the event "IMyPhoneCallHandler.OnCallStatusChanged" that will notify you about any change regarding calls on the current extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kyle Johansen

That doesn't work when the user uses their softphone to pick up the call (which is what we expect them to do). I think I have to use the Call Control, thanks for your help.

6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The 3CXPhone API should give you those notifications if you're using a PRO license key... If you're not receiving them, maybe you have a STD license?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.