3CXPhone asks every few minutes which phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by carolinainnovative, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolinainnovative

Hey guys, any idea how to fix this?

Every five minutes or so - sometimes less - I get a prompt asking me which CTI-enabled phone 3CXPhone should control. I select my yealink, because I"m at the office, and that's what is on my desk. I have a Grandstream at my desk at my house.

So - I select the Yealink... and just a few minutes later, it prompts me again. And again. And again. And again.

I just tried reprovisioning the 3cx phone by having the system re-send the welcome email, deleting all accounts, etc. Hoped that would help... nada.

Any thoughts?

2. mlump

mlump New Member

I had this same problem, but at the same time I was also having a different problem, Users using the software outside of the office would connect with the In Office settings. They were doing this because when i installed 3CX with HTTPS i used the same DNS name for both the internal and external records. When i reinstalled 3CX using a different DNS entry for my internal and external records both problems resolved.

So when you installed 3CX did you setup HTTPS? If so did use use the same DNS name for both internal and external? If so try uninstalling 3CX and reinstalling with different entry's for each.

3. carolinainnovative

Thanks. No - no https on this install. It is on my todo list.

I did notice that it appears to coincide with log entries indicating 3cxphone on my iPhone had decided to re-register with the switch... so apparently every time a new registration comes through for your extension, 3cxphone prompts you again... which is irritating.

Now I guess the question is - why is my iphone re-registering so often...

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've found that the default registration time on the 3CX phone, Android version is a lot lower than the "normal" 30 minutes (something like 2 or 3 minutes), which I increased. You will probably find a low setting on the Apple version as well.

5. carolinainnovative

Indeed - 120 seconds... no doubt set low to overcome the fact that mobile phones are, well, mobile...

However, when my desk phone re-registers itself on a routine basis, I don't get prompted... just when 3cxphone does it. I think.

Sounds like something I'll be testing today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.