• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone Auto Provision to DMZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoff.jukes

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to place our 3CX PBX into our DMZ. I have set up auto-provisioning for our Polycom handsets, using 'Option 66' in DHCP, and this works perfectly.

However, I would like to be able to 'Auto Provision' the 3CXPhone users, running on Windows PCs on the LAN.

I have full control of the Firewall configuration, and can set up anything required.

My main question is; how does the 3CXPhone 'Auto Provision' method work? Specifically, how does it 'find' the 3CX PBX?

I know I can manually provision the soft phones etc, but I really liked the functionality that 'Auto Provision' (the pop-up when you first run the 3CX SoftPhone) gave me. I could just tell people to install the software, and I can create extensions as needed.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Geoff

P.S. Sorry if this appears as a double post. I think the boards are still a bit jacked up.

Sounds like the 3CX Server and the computer you are installing it on are not in the same LAN. If this is correct i don't believe you can have the 3CXSoftPhone "find" the 3CX server. I belive it uses broadcast for this. However you can send the user the welcome email and have them copy the SoftPhone provisioning link into the Auto provision field inside of SoftPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.