3CXPhone client MAC

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by amg2, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amg2

Hello,

I Install new system "cloud" with first tenant, then I setup first user 101 (I check available offset registration) and register fine with Xlite sip client, meanwhile If I try use 3CX client I can't register but seems it not try register, If I check log on server I can't see any request.
    Have you some idea ?

Thanks

M.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Need a bit more information...what versions are you working with?

3. amg2

Hello,

I have 3CXPhone V. 1.0.6 (alpha) Build 12.0.33550.0 and I have 3CX system V. 12.0.34537.564
    Thanks

M.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Given that the Xlite client seem to register just fine (and I assume you can place and receive calls?), then the set-up at the PBX end is probably correct. Which means...something in the settings of the 3CX Phone are probably incorrect. Given that you are not seeing a log, in the PBX, of an attempted registration, I would review the server settings in the phone.

Have you tried using the 3CX phone from more than one location?

Is the 3CX Phone version 12, the latest?

5. amg2

Hello,

yes, I confirm with xlite I can do call without problem. I check use 3cx client from some other location, but same.
    I confirm that I not see any register request on server when I try use 3cx client. Also I think problem on 3cx client maybe on configure but I do it manually and use file send by welcome mail.
    Now I try 3cx client on windows virtual machine and update you if it works.

Thanks

M.

6. amg2

Hello,

I try on windows and 3cx client work with tunnel up, without tunnel not register. On MAC I try to active tunnel but after I set tick on option, client crash and when I open again option is disabled.
    Is it normal that on windows work only with tunnel ??
    on MAC only me crash app when tunnel up ??

Thanks

M.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

No that's not normal, but, it may have something to do with the router (NAT set-up) you are behind. After all, the tunnel is there to help overcome those issues.

8. amg2

I don't understand why... with normal xlite work fine ?? I know that tunnel solve nat problem... but it's very strange that with normal client I can do calls without problem

9. amg2

Hello,

I understand, I have firewall with IPS active, maybe that 3cx client use sip port 5060 with some difference from standard stack and IPS so block it. Infact if I disable IPS from windows 3cx client I can connect fine without tunnel.
    Now I work on 3cx mac client. It not work fine yet.

M.

10. buddie

I cannot get any of my Mac clients to register yet either.........................Ipod, Ipad, PC, no problem.

11. amg2

I think that problem are register as "outside office" but with this situation without SBC I can only "outside office". Meanwhile with pc client i haven't problem.

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As I don't use a Mac, I'm afraid I can't help you with that. The iOS forum was locked off last year but it might be worth going through it, or doing some searches through the forums. Every installation is going to be different, with different issues, however someone else, the uses a Mac, may have some suggestions.

It would seem that something is being "over aggressive" and blocking the necessary ports, which might be good from a security standpoint, but not if 3CX doesn't work for you. It may be a trade-off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.