3CXPhone for Android on office 3cx?

Discussion in 'Android' started by mase2hot, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mase2hot

Hi,

we have 3cx set up for the office also have phones remoteley that connect fine without tunnel. Tried to set this up on my android over 3g on O2. Not working doesn't resister. I added my pbx ip as the external server added username and password also tried advance settings with 3cx pbx as proxy still no joy..

please help

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

Do you see any registration attempts even reaching your PBX when you try to connect?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mase2hot

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Try it on a remote wifi system. If that works than your 3G provider is blocking it and there isn't anything you can do until the 3CX tunnel is added to the android phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mase2hot

tried it on wifi with same issue. Can someone give me what the settings should be?

Thanks

6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Here's a small article on how to configure the 3CXPhone on Android
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/3cxphone/android/configuring/

7. mase2hot

Hi,

I have managed to get it to registers by putting the WAN IP of the server in here. Which seemed a bit strange. I can now ring out but hear no audio. This is the same for on my wifi and also via 3G. Friend with his mobile with 3cx has same issue, if he phones me i can hear him but he can not hear me. And vice versa,

so the person calling is unalbe to hear anything but the person receiving can hear.

Thanks

My setup is WAN ip of PBX which is based 100 miles away is in "internal server" also in "External server"
    In advanced the proxy I have the WAN ip address with port 5060...

8. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

Try disabling any firewalls you have on Windows / Routers temporarily and make another test by making a call, usually the issue in these cases is bad firewall configuration causing 1 way audio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.