Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CXPhone for Iphone on IPad

Discussion in 'iOS' started by TwigsUSAN, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwigsUSAN

Hey everyone. First off, I have to say great job with the app. I've got it running on my 3 Gen Touch with 4.2, and so far, it's been running like a champ. It's great to be stuck on a conference call and still able to work around and do stuff.

Now, I'm thinking about installing it on my wife's IPad, which is running 4.2. I've looked around for some release notes to try and see if there is anything I need to watch out for or limitations of running it on the IPad. Any info would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance.

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

the limitation is that we have never tested it on an ipad for now.
    when we started the app the ipad was still at iOS3 so not usable for us.
    When we go for the second vversion we ill have tested and i can tell you more

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TwigsUSAN

Well, I guess I will use my wife as a test subject and report back. Thanks for the info.

4. louis2609

Thanks for your information here !!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

we do have now an ipad2, well mine, we can start and run on it in the "x2" Mode only.
    A headset is req. for the moment.

6. antler

Hallo Stefan,

A friend with an early version of the iPad, [ipad1?] who has configured it as I have suggested but only taking the iPhone configuration in to account as I can not find any other specific configuration for the iPad.

I observed what looked like successful registration but I observed only TCP messages on my wirershark, no calls were possible in either direction.

All of a sudden, I received SIP messages and we were able to speak to each other.

Since that one-off call, even though I see what appears to be successful registration, sip 200 OK messages etc, we are unable to set up a call.

I guess that the 3cx was never tested with the early versions of iPad but are you aware, through your testing of the iPad2, if there are any specific check boxes etc that require 'checking' to enable this to operate? I have neither iPhone nor iPad so am unable to make an investigation myself.

Appreciate any assistance, I am able to provide wireshark traces if needed,

Thanks in advance,

Antler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.