• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CXPhone for Iphone v 12 not working after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekoloda

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 3CX System 12 SP6 installed.
System works fine. I have remote phone connecting via public IP, I have Android phones registering via public IP.

Since 5 days ago ONLY Iphone devices cannot register 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System 12 App.

I cannot even see attempts to hit the firewall on Public IP. I have uninstalled and re-install Iphone app with no success.

I can register older version of 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System on same iPhone with same settings.
IOS app is connecting without the tunnel, via Public IP.

Everything is pointing to a bug in V12 IOS app, where it doesn't even try to register to external IP address.

3CXPhone for iPhone v12.1.4 work well with 3CX System v12 SP6 over WiFi as well over 3G.

Have you provisioned the iPhone by mail send from 3CX System?

No. I add information manually.

Hi there,
Well you should'nt input these manually, please try to provision it sending a welcome email to user and opening it on your iphone mail app. Let us know if issue persists.

it work with provisioning, but worked fine with manual info before the upgrade.

Thank you. I will resend email to everyone with remote app.

I am having the same problem since the V6 upgrade, but only for "Out of Office" users (outside local network)

Tried 2 different Iphones.
Two different accounts.
Tried manual and "by email" setup.
Tried connecting the phones over an external WiFi and over the GSM network.
Disallow use of extension outside of LAN is not checked.
Both phones worked before the V6 upgrade.
Nothing works now. The phones are not connecting and nothing shows in server logs.

For testing, I setup Zoiper on both phones and both connected right away without any problems

At the same time, using the 3CXPhone client for Android, it works out of the box, with manual setup and "by email" setup.

I am out of ideas as to why two different IPhones do not connect using 3CX for Iphone, while using other software or 3CX for Android works.

Any hints?

Hi there,
Is firewall checker pasing all green ?
Are you using HTTPS to connect to 3CX Phone System?

Hi there,

All firewall checks are green, but the Tunnel port 5090, which we do not use.
We do not use https.

Perhaps your iphone IP has been blacklisted within PBX / Security / IP Blacklist ?

This is the first thing I checked when I encountered this behavior.
No blacklisting at all.

Of course, restarted services, restarted the whole server, checked windows firewall, checked updates on iPhones.

Androids are working right away, as well as all other SIP clients for iOS.

Hi,

A couple of checks:

1. Are you running 3CX Phone System v12 SP6?
2. Are you running 3CXPhone for iPhone v12.1.4?
3. Have you setup “Local SIP domain” (Settings > Advanced > Settings for Direct SIP Calls)
4. Have you setup “External/Public IP Address” (Settings > Phone Provisioning > General)

Hi complex1

Yes to all your questions.
One thing I cannot check right now is the IPhone version, since we uninstalled 3CX from all IPhones and switched to another SIP client
But, last time I tried, there was no new version for IPhone. Meaning we had the latest version from Store.

Since everything, but the 3CX for IPhone, works, I blame 3CX for IPhone. Thus, stopped using it.

Thank you for your time.

Hello,

I found out 3cx Phone for Iphone still is a buggy program.
I tried today Linphone but that is not very stable either.

What is the best softphone for Iphones ?
I have iphones 4 and 5 and 6, with different IOS's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itguys04
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.