3CXPhone for Mac OS - Hotkey issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3cxMacNewbie, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3cxMacNewbie

Hi all,
    I'm new to 3CX (just a couple weeks) and so far, it is okay. However, one issue we have is that 3CX built-in the CMD-3 hotkey to automatically pull the APP to the front of all other apps. The problem is that we use CMD-3 for other apps and would like to disable this function, as we have no use for it. I've looked and looked and cannot find a way to disable this. I contacted 3CX via their 'info@' email address and the directed me to the 'purchase a support package'.

Any ideas on how to disable/override this?

Mac users can override specific hotkey configurations, however, we have to know the exact text of the menu command in the app - and I am at a loss. Thanks!

2. roland_3CX

roland_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member

Hi,

Please note that this feature is hard coded.

3. keithcurtis

Can it be hard coded differently, to a much-less used key combination? Command-3 is used by a host of Mac Apps for some very basic functions.

Is there a better place than the forums to request this to be changed? It should be a simple task, but the user base on the Mac seems to be small enough that 3CX doesn't feel the need to address or even respond to this issue (I have posted this elsewhere in the forums to no avail).

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

5. keithcurtis

Thanks Nick, but due to the fact that you only update the top 20 uprooted suggestions, and your Mac user base is so low, it's very unlikely that my request will be implemented, much less ever seen.

I'll post it anyway. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.