Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CXPhone for Mac V12 alpha

Discussion in 'Windows' started by darrell-uptime, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrell-uptime

Thanks for the alpha client for Mac, it is reassuring to see this moving forward.

Just for confirmation for any internal testing, we have deployed this on a few Macs for our testing and these are the results we are seeing:

Issues:
    - Outbound calling consistently fails.
    - 3CX Tunnel for external access does not work (changing this configuration can cause app crash @50%, Windows and iOS connect fine over 3CX Tunnel with our server).
    - Changing your audio input on your Mac while the phone app is running does not update the phone app, you must exit and relaunch (i.e. - Switching to a headset from built-in equipment.)
    - Setting up Conferences does not work yet.
    - Switching modes to CTI does not work yet, SIP softphone only.
    - Forwarding Rules in the client, when forwarding to another extension, do not show which extension the forward is going to nor provide any option to select a specific extension.
    - App crashes changing most settings @25% of the time.

Functional:
    - Inbound calls work.
    - Changing presence works.
    - Displaying contacts works (including the Mac Address book as well as the 3CX phonebooks).
    - Displaying recent calls works.
    - Playing voicemails works (though uses the system playback device, so if you haven't switched the Mac to a headset, it will play out on your speakers).
    - Display recordings works.

Thanks for the progress and looking forward to the next release....

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Darrell

This is indeed an "alpha" - or, better, a pre-alfa - version, many features not being implemented yet (perhaps, the most significant limitation being the one-call only, you cannot open lines, as you can see). But we will update it periodically and we will pay attention to the user feedback we get here.

Back to your feedback:
    - tunnel is NOT implemented.
    - audio device handling is NOT implemented
    - conference support is NOT implemented
    - CTI support is NOT implemented
    - Forwarding rules dialog does not "save" (update) the changes made by user.

What you described as functional is correct.

Now, what I'm interested at this moment is "Outbound calling consistently fails." Can you provide me please some details - what means fails, in office / out office, PBX version, codec, DR and so on.

Thanks for your feedback
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rico

Thank you for the OSX Client! Finally :)

I've got the same issue, that I had before with some other VOIP-Clients like the free software "Phone" and Skype. I can't hear the caller, but he hear's me and otherwise the called person can hear me but I can't hear him. I don't even hear the signal when i'm waiting for the called person to pickup the phone. In Skype i can easily change the audio device tell it to use the headphone jack.

I've tried as well with the built in speakers and mic, different headphones etc.

Could you please help me? Thank you in advance!

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Rico

Next alpha release will allow user to map microphone, speaker and ringing sounds independently to audio devices. In fact, it's already implemented, alongside with an improved and efficient echo cancellation, but we still need to do some tests and then we'll release. Stay tuned!

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, we just released a new version, 1.0.3, of our alpha client for MAC. Since is getting heavier and heavier - i.e. more features implemented - any feedback from our MAC users will be very useful.

The full change log (vs 1.0.0) is here
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/3cxphone-for-mac-build-history/

What is the most significant in this release:
    - all five lines are now available
    - echo cancellation
    - ability to route audio (mic, ring, call voice, sounds) to separate audio devices.
    All audio "channels" are provided with level control in Settings panel, levels which can be adjusted "real-time", during the call - i.e, you don't have to close the Settings dialog and/or restart the phone. However, audio device change takes effect only on the next call, i.e after an "idle" moment.

What is NOT implemented yet (therefore, don't report them as bugs):
    - attended transfer
    - CTI
    - tunnel
    - person's contact profile handling (add/view/modify/delete)
    - private / scheduled conference
    - active/queue calls transfer/divert/barge-in

Attached below is a screenshot of the 3CXPhone for MAC being heavily stressed during tests.

Attached Files:

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

That's it? No feedback? No MAC, only Windows users around?
    I cannot believe our 3CXPhone for MAC is yet so strong and perfect... Even more it's in alpha stage 8)

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Perhaps the 3CXPhone for Mac needs it's own forum just like the 3CXPhone for Windows? That might help "get the word out". It might also help to re-arrange the forum categories so that the "phone" categories are lumped together in some sort of logical order, same with the the PBX categories.

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

For who's interested:

we just made a "silent" update to 1.0.4 - which fix some compatibility issues when running on newly released Mavericks OS.

Regards
    vali

9. rico

Thanks for the Update. I think it's really great and work way better than the previous version. Actually i tried to change the address of the Stunserver. But everytime i change it and go back to the settings, it's changed back to stun2.3cx.com

It was kinda hard find the entry in the forum again... it would really be better to have a forum only for the mac client.

Would be great if you could provide a fix for this. Thank you in advance and please keep working on it.

10. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Rico
    Thanks for your feedback! We found the STUN issue meantime and is now fixed.
    There will be a new update these days, most probably together with SP3 of our 3CXPhoneSystem.
    Here is the change log (compared to ver 1.0.4):

Code:
    - BugFix: fixed account's stun parameter not saved when manual edited
    - BugFix: fixed incoming call drop with proper SIP code (486 Busy instead of 603 Decline)
    - BugFix: fixed wrong handling of early media callees
    - BugFix: fixed wrong LAN/WiFi network detection
    - BugFix: fixed missing time synchronisation with the server
    - BugFix: fixed calling sound appearing from background lines
    - BugFix: fixed incorrect keyboard show when switching back to a held line
    - BugFix: fixed dialing tone continuing play when a call in transfer is disconnected by remote end
    - BugFix: fixed wrong handling of in-transfer call when receiving an incoming call
    - BugFix: fixed incorrect voicemail sorting by duration
    - BugFix: fixed incorrect active calls sorting by duration
    - BugFix: fixed incorrect contacts sorting by extension
    - BugFix: fixed incorrect display of bridged extensions in Contacts
    - BugFix: fixed incorrect popup-menu display on Queue Calls tree when a call is selected in calls list
    - BugFix: fixed missing "clear text" button onto display
    - BugFix: fixed incorrect Voicemail popup-menu when partner has only number but no name
    - BugFix: fixed short flickering of Chat window when opened
    - BugFix: fixed inconsistencies in displaying call status while toggling between calls
    - Feat:   added attended transfer
    - Feat:   added option to prevent computer going to sleep
    - Feat:   added active/queue calls handling
    - Feat:   added Speex and iLBC 8KHz codecs
    - Feat:   added auto-update integrated support
    Regards
    vali

11. rico

Hi Vali

Thank you, that's great news!

Cheers Rico

12. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Yesterday we released another update, 1.0.6. It has a new setting parameter, "Prevent computer going to sleep", which I want to explain a bit:

In the previous version, there were situations when computer enter the power-saving sleep mode while 3CXPhone was in a call - leading to sudden lost of connection due to network disconnection. Also, once the computer entered the sleep mode, due to the same reason, 3CXPhone was no longer able to receive incoming calls.

1.0.6 addresses these situations as follows:
    - while in a call, it automatically prevents computer going to power-saving sleep mode. When is idle, it acts accordingly with its Settings "Prevent computer going to sleep" parameter, as described next:
    - when checked, 3CXPhone will prevent computer enter its power-saving sleep mode. In this way, it is able to remain registered and receive incoming calls. Disadvantage is that, when computer is on battery, the battery will be drained quicker. If unchecked, when 3CXPhone is idle, computer will enter the power-saving sleep according with its Power management settings. Disadvantage: in sleep mode, 3CXPhone will not be able to receive incoming calls.

3CXPhone cannot deny computer's user-entered sleep mode (by Sleep command or closing the cover) so, in any case, when the sleep mode is entered, 3CXPhone drops its active calls if any and unregister from the current PBX.

Hope it helps
    vali

13. autodna

Had it working for a bit and that was great. It was hung for a while, then I quit it to get it going again.

Regarding the "Setting" As I choose different output devices etc., it would be nice to hear a confirming tone or sound so I know which device the sound is going through. Right now, I can't tell. Please fix if it is possible.

Thanks!

-JB

14. autodna

In my presence panel, it shows that I'm still engaged in a call from an hour ago, I am not. I've closed and reopened the presence window, still get the same reading. I've right clicked on it looking for an opportunity to disconnect it, there is not that opportunity. I am going to now quit 3CX and try relaunching...

ok, still the same. It shows I am in a call.

-jb

15. autodna

I had my 3CX partner Roland at advtechs.com clear it for me. All back to normal for now...

16. autodna

My ext locked on a call again (showing my ext was busy or occupied when it was not). Contacting parter to release it again.

17. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi JB
    Keep in mind that the presence indicator is per extension, not per device (contact). Possible cases:
    - two phones registered on the same extension: if any of these phones are in a call, the other one's presence will show extension is in a call, even that phone isn't.
    - a "dead call". Assume you're in a call and the network vanishes, or the phone crashes, whatever. When phone reregister, is no longer in a call, obviously, but the interrupted call is still active, is still yours, and will remain like this until remote party or the PBX or administrator or you (via "active calls") will end it.

A good way to check why the call is still there is to check the PBX management console. Also, there you can figure out how many contacts (devices) are currently active on your extension.

Regarding the right to drop the call, this right is assigned to your extension by the PBX administrator. If you don't have this right, the corresponding operation (Drop) in the right-click menu, will appear grayed (disabled).

Hope it helps
    vali

18. TechTaylor

Hi Vali,

Great work so far on the Mac client. The two things that we (at my company) are waiting for with baited breath are:

- CTI support for mac
    - Sales force integration on mac's

It would be great if you could provide any indication as to how far off those developments are.

Best,

TT

19. LexL

We are testing 3CX Phone for MAC version 1.0.6. It works when used from home but behind the office firewall we have to use the 3CX tunnel which does not seem to work.

When can we expect a vesion with tunnel support ?

Apart from the tunnel support it crashes 50% of then time when attempting to edit the account parameters.

Lex

20. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Tunnel will be available in the next release. It has been tested by few of our customers and so far it looks OK.
    Basically, this is the change log for the next alpha release (relative to 1.0.6):

- Change: replaced toolbar's Recordings button with Forwarding Rules
    - Change: set minimum required MAC OS version to 10.7 (Lion) to avoid launch crashes on older OS versions
    - BugFix: fixed account remaining stuck when changing or reconnecting accounts
    - BugFix: fixed wrong "No accounts" message shown at startup or at wake-up
    - BugFix: fixed SIP/MyPhone call handling from popup menus when SIP is not registered
    - BugFix: fixed several minor issues occuring when application is hidden by user
    - BugFix: fixed showing PBX-disabled ("Show presence to group members" NO) extensions in the Contacts
    - BugFix: fixed editing flag in Recents's "number" column
    - BugFix: fixed calling tone continue playing when call on secondary line is busy
    - BugFix: fixed minor bug in direct SIP calls
    - BugFix: fixed time synchronization in Recents (requires PBX SP4, not backward compatible)
    - BugFix: fixed incoming calls not ringing when there are other calls waiting
    - BugFix: fixed critical deadlock for queue incoming calls when extension is set by PBX as "record all calls"
    - BugFix: fixed auto-answer ignored when 3CXPhone application is not the active one (compliant with 3CXPhone for Windows)
    - BugFix: fixed duplicate remote name/number on display on incoming calls
    - BugFix: fixed display paste from URL (escaped) links
    - BugFix: fixed high CPU usage / slow connection on MyPhone channel
    - BugFix: fixed critical crash occuring when extension is configured by PBX to use SRTP
    - BugFix: fixed one-way audio on VPN connections
    - BugFix: fixed one-way audio due to SDP issue in INVITE
    - Feat: added support for delete Recents (requires PBX SP4, but is backward compatible)
    - Feat: added "size-to-fit" behavior on display's text fields
    - Feat: added auto-change profile status when idle
    - Feat: profile status changes applies immediately, not when window is closed
    - Feat: added hyperlink support in chat window (http, https, ftp, tel, mailto, etc)
    - Feat: added tel:// sip:// call:// and dial:// protocol - tested from Safari, Firefox and chat window
    - Feat: added hotkey support (Cmd+3)
    - Feat: added support for HTTPS PnP
    - Feat: added support for SRTP
    - Feat: added support for TCP transport
    - Feat: added support for TLS transport
    - Feat: added tunnel support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.