3CXPhone for Mac

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hiretech, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiretech

I am running OS X Yosemite V10.10 and 3CXPhone for Mac client does not work. I am connecting out of office to our corporate 3CX server. We are running 3CXPhone for Windows on remote PC's and connecting out of office no problem. I did have 3CXPhone for MAC running on the previous version of OS X although it was a little unreliable.

I can run Express Talk Business Addition and Counterpath Bria 4 and connect out of office no problem.

I would prefer to use 3CXPhone for Mac and not some other soft phone client.

Are there any known issues with OS X Yosemite? Please advise.

Thanks

Mark

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    No known issues on this matter.
    How are you connecting remotely? using tunnel?
    Have you got some VPN adapters? if so try disabling them
    Is your extension allowed to connect outside LAN in its properties?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hiretech

Hi

Thanks for the reply, yes connecting using tunnel, also tried without.
    Yes extension allowed to connect outside LAN.
    I am actually connecting to my own business remotely from my home, can connect with 3CXPhone for Windows no problem (see below).
    No VPN adapters.

Out of interest here's how I came across the problem. I have a iMac at home that was running a previous OS X and Parallels desktop to run a virtual copy Windows 7. I was running 3CXPhone for Windows on the virtual copy of Windows and 3CXPhone for Mac on OS X with no problems.

I decided to rebuild my iMac and install the latest version of 0S X (Yosemite). Installed 3CXPhone for MAC set-up as previous version and it will not connect. I have not installed Parallels and Windows 7 as I intend to run only OS X on my iMac in the future. As I mentioned I can get other soft phones to connect without a problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.