Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CXPhone for Windows 2000

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SanderTel, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SanderTel

Hi everybody,

I tried this through 3CX sales but they send me here to ask if anybody can be of assistance...

I am using the 3CXPhone5 software with my Telfort Voip account successfully, but I also like to use it on a older laptop which I could take with me on vacations and such.

This laptop runs Windows 2000 SP4. I tried installing a previous version of 3CXPhone (which is version 4) but the installer refuses to install because the package is not for the Windows 2000 OS. Supposedly the version 4 package is suited for Windows 2000 but eilas...no luck getting it to go and install itself...

Does anybody have (or can point me to) a stable version suited for Windows 2000 ?

Regards, Sander Tel.

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Unfortunately, 3CXPhone doesn't run on Win2000, minimum OS required is Win XP - it uses some system APIs available only on XP or greater.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SanderTel

Hi Vali,

In it self wierd, because I have read somewhere on the 3CX website that a version 4 should be suited for Windows 2000...

Does anyone have a (Windows 2000) suited version stored ? Maybe version 4 or 3 ?

regards, Sander

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Sander

I've checked on the forum, because I remembered at one time somebody has the same issue/request as you, please have a look:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-voip-phone-ver-3-crashes-on-windows-2k-11314.html#p58555

This old reply of mine is dated september 2009 and refers even an older 3CXPhone version, 3, than you mentioned.
    I don't like to advice somebody "upgrade your operating system" or "upgrade your PC" because I don't like when somebody give me such kind of advice :mrgreen: But, the truth is 3CXPhone will not work on Windows 2000.

If you really want to try, no problem, send me by PM an eMail address and I will send you from my archives either the ver 3 or 4 I have (obviously, they are discontinued products and no longer available for download) - but, I repeat, they will not work and, even in case, they lack a lot, a lot of features compared to current ver 5 (to not say compared to future ver 6).

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ecwilson

ecwilson New Member

Hi SanderTel

3CX Version 7.1.7139.0 is the last version that will run on win2k. (we are running win2k advanced server)

Regards
    ecwilson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.