• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cxPhone for Windows and focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

netcio

Free User
Reaction score
On v12 3CXPhone for Windows, whenever a call comes into the users system, all focus is pulled into the softphone. My client is finding it very aggravating that it interrupts normal everyday typing, mouse movements, etc. Is there a way to remove the focus from the 3CXPhone so that this interruption does not occur?
Thanks
Jeff

go to preferencees--->notifications--->uncheck bring to front on incoming calls

?? go to preferencees--->notifications--->uncheck bring to front on incoming calls
where do I find this setting?

Where is that? I also need to disable the Window popping up.
I can't see it on last version of 3CX Phone 12 (SP5).

Hi there,
option is in 3CXPhone / Settings / Advanced / Behavior / Always steal focus on incoming call

It is disabled but still the screen appears on top of the desktop when you get an incoming call.

Hi there,
What OS are you using ?
Are all windows updates done?
Can you upgrade to SP6 aswell see if same?

Windows 7 with all updates included last Tuesday ones.
Running SP6 on 3CX Phone System already and last 3CX Phone release AFAIK (12.0.36097.0).

I get the notification of an incoming call but when I answer I get this screen on top of my desktop and if I'm typing I can even hang the call I just answered (I did it already).

Attachments

• 3cx.png
    3cx.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,604
I have hungup on callers as well in sp 5.

Hmm I don't have the same issue on windows 8.1.
Are your windows updates and .NET all up-to-date?

Can you try closing 3CXPhone by the cross icon? so that it stays in systray and then on incoming call a small popup should show up on corner but not steal focus.

Yes, as I said I have all available updates. And yes, the small popup shows, but when I pickup the desktop phone the main screen popups over all my windows. I already tried closing with the X, restarting the client, the PC, and other things with no success.

Hmm, ok here when I answer in CTI and window is behind an not minimized it stays behind others windows not stealing focus.
If I close main window, then popup shows in corner when ringing, then picking up call on desktop phone brings 3CXPhone infront and takes focus.

So you say in first case it's not doing the same on your machine correct?

Question : do you have citrix as we saw this on such environments?

Sorry, never got a notification from your site about this post.

Yes, I don't have the application in background normally but closed in the tray. When a call rings a small screen appears at the bottom but as soon as I answer my desk phone the 3CX Phone screen shows up and steal focus, effectively hanging up the call as I'm writing on my computer.

I tried to replicate this while having the 3CX Phone client in CTI mode, receiving an incoming call while the client is minimized to the taskbar. What happens in my case:
- The small window in the bottom left comes up.
- I let it ring while typing, nothing happens, continues to ring.
- I answer on the hardphone, NOT from the small pop-up.
- The small pop up goes away while I continue typing it doesn't affect the call.

The only difference seems to be the I have tried this on a Windows 8.1.
You might want to also try in the 3CX Phone going to Settings -> Hot Keys and disabling this feature just in case.

I already have that disabled. Do you want to connect with TeamViewer to see if you find anything else?
Someone of you did it before for an issue I don't remember with the silverlight version.

NickD_3CX said:
Hi Jeff,

If you are a partner or have credentials to our Support Portal please open a ticket so that we can look into this further and if needed contact with TeamViewer to have a closer look. However if this is not the case unfortunately we cannot do so.

We will however try to help you as much as possible in the forum.
No, I'm not a partner nor have support contract, only have updates. Anyway, it seems that with the last update (37098.738) we applied this Monday night the issue was fixed and the main screen doesn't appear anymore when we answer the desktop phone. So the bug seems to be fixed.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.