3CXPhone for Windows and Microsoft Outlook Dialing

Discussion in 'Windows' started by nac2, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nac2

I'm running version 12.0.31776.0 of 3CXPhone, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Has anyone successfully gotten Outlook 2010 32-bit (or any version of Outlook) contact dialing working with this? I've looked around quite a bit, and maybe I've missed it, or even release notes on integration, but I can't find out how to get it working, or if maybe it's not implemented yet with the new version.

Anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction, or give me a definitive answer, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Nathan A. Clark
    Managing Member, Envision IT, LLC
    http://www.envisionitworks.com

2. rogueblackburn

Download and run the V12 CRM component. You have an option for the Outlook integraion there. Look under "Releases" in the 3CX Blog for the download link to the CRM software.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Sad to see the Outlook integration be a part of this separate thing, which will come with an attached price tag.
    Hopefully the price won't scare away my clients from upgrading.

Personally, I don't much care about the CRM aspect.. but others seem to think it's the best thing ever.

4. rogueblackburn

Yes, CRM is a double edged sword. The concept is great, if you have a dedicated staff contingent to set it up, manage and train users. But that is a discussion for another forum :)

I don't think that the Outlook integration will require a license, my understanding is that 3CX packaged the integration into one executable, along with all other CRM packages. Previously the Outlook integration was run via the MyPhone Desktop components, but with the new - and in IMHO much improved V12 Phone for Windows there was no other way to install the required TAPI driver.

Time will tell I guess, but I remain hopefull that the Outlook integration remains a free-of-charge component. I use the klick-to-dial and hot key dialing extensively and would be lost without it ;)

(yes, I'm lazy, I know)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.