Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cxPhone for windows call failed

Discussion in 'Windows' started by chisel900, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chisel900

I have an issue with the windows 3cxphone. It has been provisioned correctly and displays as "On Hook" etc. I can make a call fine either to an external number or to an internal extension the first time without an issue. If I then try and dial another number after hanging up the phone it immediately says "call failed". It still shows as "On Hook" but it will not make another call. The only remedy that works is either to re-start the 3cxphone program or to select CTI and then select back 3CXPhone. It then works again for 1 call before the "Call Failed" comes back again. It seems to not even try and contact the PBX on the subsequent dial outs leading me to believe it is an issue with the software rather than a connection issue between the software and the PBX. This pc is running windows 7 64bit and has no other software on it. Anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What version are you using?
    Does the 3CX Server log show anything for the second (failed) call?

3. chisel900

The are no logs generated from the PBX. In fact the PBX does not get a request from the software. I installed version 14 as the PBX is version 14.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried un-installing completely, then re-installing?

Have all Windows updates been applied to the PC?

Was the 3CX Phone programme the latest download (version) ?

It sounds like, either corruption, or conflict with something else on the machine. What are you using for an audio device? If you have a USB or Bluetooth headset, try just using the mic and speakers in the PC and see if there is a different behaviour.

5. inteq

Just had the same problem with V14 on a computer without a mic.
    Call failed over and over.
    As soon as I plugged in the mic, it worked. I think 3CX Phone for windows should check this and give a human readable error instead of Call failed.

6. bwilliams

I am having the same issue. We are running version 14, and x86 machines. Firewall is off, and model of PC doesn't seem to matter. All PC's are running the same software. Any help would be great!

7. Chris_3CX

Chris_3CX Guest

After the first call is made, are you able to call this phone from another extension?
    Are you running this 3cxphone from a virtual machine (Relevant Hardware may not be available/enabled)?
    Does your windows have a working Microphone or Audio card?

8. gd1

gd1

It is because the 3CX Windows client does not detect a microphone. The software is kind of funny without the MIC. It will allow you to make one call and will fail after the next. Plug in a MIC and your problem will go away. We had a client complaining of the same symptoms and it was just the lack of a MIC.

9. rarey1

This was definitely the issue for me.. changed the audio and it works fine.. I had to fix a setting on my device then retry and it worked perfectly. Glad I found this post because the error "failed" is not very helpful.. ;)

10. bwilliams

If you are using a USB headset, change USB ports. I fought this same problem....3CX support said it was a "mic problem". It Is a USB problem

11. Leonidas 3CX

3CX Support

Hello Guys,

This is the default behavior of the the 3CXPhone for windows when no audio devices are assigned on the phone.
    In order to overcome this behavior please make sure that under Settings>>Audio options on the 3CXPhone for windows the audio devices (microphone/speaker/ringing) are not blank.

Thank you,
    Leonidas Theocleous

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.