3CXPhone for Windows (client)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jonafc, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonafc

I'm a newbie, all I'm doing is using the Windows 3CX client to make and receive calls. Does anyone know of a way to reduce the echo during the call?

I've used Express talk which has an echoing control feature but I prefer 3CX, anybody in the know? ;)

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Which end is experiencing the echo? Sometimes it can be the result of the particular headset you are using with the PC. If the microphone volume is too high you can experience, what sounds like echo. It's your voice coming back from the far end after a delay (the delay is almost always a part of VoIP ). If it is too loud it will "overpower" any echo suppression features.

3. jonafc

its a bit of both, i reduced the volume and microphone and it was a bit better but there is definitely a delay coming back from the other end which I guess is the VOIP provider. I'm only testing but thanks for your help!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There will always be a slight delay when using VoiP. Just the encoding/decoding process is enough to make it noticeable. The problem comes when it is converted to analogue at the far end and some "leaks" back to you via the network in the far end phone. If there were no delay, you would not even notice it, in fact it would be somewhat welcome. Lack of, causes people to yell into their mobile phones, thinking their voice is not being picked up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.